Ed Farm Assistant Instructor
Birmingham, AL /
Ed Farm – Economic Mobility /
Ed Farm seeks to recruit a Part-Time Assistant Instructor of Economic Mobility for the Alabama headquarters for Ed Farm. This leader will be charged with assisting the instruction and facilitation of Ed Farm Pathways to Tech Fellowship, an Ed Farm Signature Program. We are looking for an experienced and effective leader who has a passion for assisting with programming that leverages technology as a tool to facilitate economic opportunities for underemployed community members. We seek an assistant instructor who is energized by a startup environment, loves the agility and problem solving that comes with that environment and enjoys building and inspiring teams.
- Assist program facilitator with providing weekly course content
- Lead presentations and facilitation for course sessions at times.
- Organizing and reporting qualitative and quantitative data related to applicable programs.
- Provide instructional support for Pathways programs
- Engage with and learn alongside the Pathways Instructor
- Recruit, engage with, and learn alongside approximately 60-75 adult learners who participate in Ed Farm Pathways to Tech Fellowship program
- Measure program outputs and outcomes, and share that information with the Program Manager regularly
- Provide on-site support during working hours and classroom hours at Ed Farm HQ
- Assess and evaluate projects and assignments while providing constructive feedback to adult learners on time
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of Swift Programming Language
- Passion for technology, empathetic approach to program design, innovation, serving diverse populations, and equity Experience collaborating with a team of 5 or more
- Comfortable with a fast-paced start-up work environment
- Classroom teaching experience is preferred but not required
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Ability to complete projects on time Ability to explain and problem solve intermediate to advanced topicsExcellent communicator, both internally and externally, virtually and face to face
- Fantastic organization, time management, and confidence in completing high-quality projects
- Willingness to overcome challenges if and when they arise
- Willingness to travel
Ed Farm, as an organization, values work that promotes diversity, cultural understanding, and global awareness by using digital-age communication and collaboration tools to interact locally and globally with students, peers, parents, and the larger community. We are a team of individuals who are passionate about education. We believe that diversity of culture, backgrounds, opinions, and abilities is vital to our work, and our team welcomes anyone willing to build community through collaboration. Ed Farm works to eliminate all forms of disparity and discrimination, including those based upon an individual's ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, belief, religion, faith, culture, level of ability, or socio-economic background. Diversity and inclusion are vital to bringing accessibility and equity to education, entrepreneurial, and tech workspaces everywhere.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment criminal history background check with fingerprinting. Ed Farm is an equal opportunity employer committed to student success. We seek applications from all qualified persons who share this goal, including minorities, women, persons with disabilities and members of other protected groups.