Customer Support Engineer
Edgelab provides private banks with key capabilities for their investment process - multi-asset class risk analytics, decision support simulations and automated investment recommendations. They are cloud-based and clients can access them at any time to obtain the information they need and address their critical business needs.
We are at the growth stage taking on bigger customers every day and adding new features to our products. To support our growth, we are expanding our Client Support team. We are looking for people who are self-driven, interested in tech and finance and willing to assist our clients while providing a great support experience.
You will enjoy a huge variety in this role. Whether it's responding to customer queries on the many aspects of our solution, participating in data quality initiatives or being in contact with data providers, you'll be interacting with our clients and partners daily and having a real impact on the perception of our company.
It’s a full time position, based in Lausanne.
What You'll Do
- Get an in-depth understanding of our products and risk methodology in order to provide end-to-end support to clients.
- Handle clients’ requests, distribute them according to the need between various colleagues or solve them yourself, if they don’t require development.
- Assist clients with getting the most of our products to drive adoption and retention.
- Monitor product usage and provide clients and colleagues with in-depth analysis and insights.
- Collaborate with providers and perform regular checks to ensure data quality.
- Challenge the way we do things and help us to constantly improve our service.
What You Need
- University degree, “Haute Ecole de Gestion” or equivalent
- Good knowledge of financial markets and basic understanding of investment risk measures - interest in expanding this knowledge is key
- Excellent communication skills
- Solution-oriented mindset, with the ability to process and resolve issues quickly
- Aptitude for grasping complex concepts and willingness to learn
- Good command of Microsoft Excel and Bloomberg terminal (SIX iD a plus), SQL/Database basic knowledge, JIRA
- Fluency in English, French and German are an asset
We'd Be Excited To See
- Experience in wealth & asset management
- Familiarity with usage of APIs
Even if you don’t tick all the boxes, you can still reach out to us. We are eager to discuss with bright minds willing to play their part in our endeavour.
- You will work in a small autonomous team with a high degree of freedom and take ownership of the outcomes. No micromanagement. No corporate politics and inertia.
- You can always share your views and take an active role in the decision making. Your skills will be actively leveraged and ultimately, you’ll see your work impact the clients.
- We always look out for new ideas and we encourage exploratory work. You will have the resources you need to develop your skills and work on moonshots.
- We get serious work done in an informal environment. You can set your schedule in order to enjoy a work-life balance which suits you.
- We foster togetherness and collaboration, whether that means working on a cross-functional project, or gathering over an apéro after work.
Our Recruitment Process
It consists of 3 stages, each one allowing us to get to know you better. You also gain a better understanding of our culture and the work we do at Edgelab. It usually takes 2 to 3 weeks based on your availability and convenience.
Edgelab provides technological solutions to the investment industry. We address the needs to measure investment risk, deliver bespoke investment proposals and optimize portfolios.
Unlike other solutions, we don’t require market data or additional infrastructure from our clients. Our modern API is self-sufficient, which makes it easy to integrate into existing systems. Banks can reap the expected benefits for a fraction of the usual complexity and cost.
Edgelab’s clients include major banks based in Europe and APAC. Our risk engine is used by the leading core banking and portfolio management system providers.
We are headquartered in Lausanne and have offices in Zurich and Singapore.