Senior Business Technology Analyst
Remote, Mexico /
Edison Energy – Technology /
Edison Energy LLC (DBA in Europe as Altenex Energy and Alfa Energy) is a global energy and sustainability advisory firm that provides strategy and implementation services to help large corporate, industrial, and institutional clients better navigate the choices, opportunities, and risks that will emerge from the transition to a net-zero future.
As stakeholder expectations around corporate sustainability increase, Edison helps companies rise to this challenge by designing and implementing individualized strategies, projects, and programs across sustainability,
renewables, transportation electrification, energy optimization, and energy supply.
With the recent integration of Edison, Altenex, and Alfa into one global company, we bring the strength of combined expertise across energy procurement, optimization, renewables, and sustainability solutions. With advanced technological capabilities and expanded international reach, we enable our clients to achieve a more positive, measurable impact.
Edison enables organizations to deliver on their strategic, financial, and sustainability goals by addressing today’s key energy challenges: carbon, cost, complexity, and creating energy equity across communities.
Edison Energy LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX).
As a member of the Technology team, this role is key to supporting the growth of our client facing technology and business enterprise applications. As the Business Technology Analyst, you will collaborate with business stakeholders and IT leadership to define how systems and software applications can improve and enable business activities, workflows, and processes that support client facing advisory services and enterprise applications. Utilizing a combination of waterfall and agile methodologies, the Business Technology Analyst will lead the requirements, design, test, deployment and adoption of new feature and enhancement development. The role is responsible for documenting requirements, collaborating with business partners to determine solutions, creating, maintaining, and tracking project plans, delivery of solutions and on-going support functions. Additionally, the Business Technology Analyst will support the ongoing monitoring of level 1 and 2 support items to ensure systems and interfaces are operating as designed and data integrity is maintained.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and IT leadership.
- Define how systems and software applications can improve business activities, workflows, processes for client facing advisory services and enterprise applications.
- Lead the requirements, design, test, deployment and adoption of new feature and enhancement development.
- The role is responsible for documenting requirements, collaborating with business partners to determine solutions, creating, maintaining, and tracking project plans, delivery of solutions and on-going support functions.
- Support the ongoing monitoring of level 1 and 2 support items to ensure systems and interfaces are operating as designed and data integrity is maintained.
- Work collaboratively with business stakeholders and fellow technology team members to identify, design and develop software solutions to drive revenue growth opportunities and address the needs of the business and clients.
- Lead requirements gathering and solution design workshops.
- Document requirements, design, user stories, test plans and deployment plans.
- Lead user acceptance testing (UAT) test case development and processes.
- Engage with the business leaders to develop change management and new feature adoption plans. Includes establishing metrics to measure adoption and assisting with the tracking of those metrics.
- Support the business with documenting processes and controls as it relates to new feature deployment.
- In collaboration with the Project Delivery Lead, support backlog grooming and sprint planning processes.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering degree, or related field (or equivalent work experience).
- 7+ years of relevant work experience, including technical and business analysis experience.
- 3-5+ years’ experience configuring and developing in Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft AX ERP, Power Apps, PowerBI, portal/website development or comparable applications and solutions required.
- Extensive experience as a BA.
- Software industry (SaaS or other), energy or sustainability industry experience strongly desired.
- Training or certification in Business Analysis.
- Proficiency in proven and emerging architectures/technologies such as SOA, Web Services, and Cloud computing.
- Strong proficiency in open and existing technology standards.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and translate business needs into requirements and systems design documents and user-stories that feed the development processes.
- Effective meeting/workshop facilitation skills in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Exhibit strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to meet and coordinate multiple tasks and tight deadlines.
- Ability to function as a team member.
- Proficiency in English Language
- Must work well in a dynamic environment and comfortable with adapting to changing business needs.
- Strategic thinker capable of establishing a clear intent and direction.
- Strong organization and process-oriented skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a high-paced environment.
- Outstanding attention to detail while working on multiple projects with competing timelines.
- Ability to work independently on aggressive schedules and be self-motivated.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical concepts to a cross-disciplinary audience, both in writing and in presentation skills.
- Must work well in a remote team environment.
- Aptitude for analytical thinking, attentive to detail, and able to stay organized across multiple workstreams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and present effectively.
- Effectively solves problems and conflicts, thrives in collaborative environments.
Edison Energy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
NOTE: Edison Energy Group is not the same company as Southern California Edison, the utility, and Edison Energy Group is not regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission.
Competitive Benefits Available