EV Implementation Project Manager
Edison Energy – Transportation Electrification /
Edison Energy LLC (DBA in Europe as Altenex Energy and Alfa Energy) is a global energy and sustainability advisory firm that provides strategy and implementation services to help large corporate, industrial, and institutional clients better navigate the choices, opportunities, and risks that will emerge from the transition to a net-zero future.
As stakeholder expectations around corporate sustainability increase, Edison helps companies rise to this challenge by designing and implementing individualized strategies, projects, and programs across sustainability,
renewables, transportation electrification, energy optimization, and energy supply.
With the recent integration of Edison, Altenex, and Alfa into one global company, we bring the strength of combined expertise across energy procurement, optimization, renewables, and sustainability solutions. With advanced technological capabilities and expanded international reach, we enable our clients to achieve a more positive, measurable impact.
Edison enables organizations to deliver on their strategic, financial, and sustainability goals by addressing today’s key energy challenges: carbon, cost, complexity, and creating energy equity across communities.
Edison Energy LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX).
A seasoned, experienced project management professional with a full understanding of electric vehicle (EV) design and implementation. The successful candidate for this job is the fully qualified, career-oriented professional who has shown technical skills required to be an EV Project Manager.
Activities to include the following tasks:
-Assess multiple EV projects throughout project lifecycle across multiple client portfolios
-Develop initial project layout recommendations
-Perform electrical calculations to determine equipment and infrastructure sizing
-Develop initial cost estimates and project timelines
-Assist project team with technical communications between the team and the client
-Attend jobsite meetings and field surveys as required
-Support internal and external resources necessary to implement projects
-Advise project team on project schedules
-Advise project team on client facing and internal reports
-Advise on procurement activities on behalf of clients
-Participate in Business Development activities as required
- Assess portfolios of EV projects with varying levels of complexity
- Utilize common drafting software applications to produce client facing exhibits
- Develop single line drawings and determine equipment specifications
- Continually research and learn about new EV and DER technology
- Determine best practices and methods to optimize assignments deliverables
- Coordinate project engineering tasks with peer project management staff
- Attend client meetings and support client communications
- Support new business proposals as directed
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in the EV design or deployment industry
- BA/BS or higher, electrical engineering, construction project management or similar technical education/experience
- EV project management, utility project design and/or EV construction management experience
- Previous experience designing EV infrastructure projects
- Previous experience with utility interconnection processes
- Capable of interpreting engineering designs, shop drawings, operation & maintenance manuals, and other construction documentation
- Capable of preparing cost estimates and auditing final construction cost calculations
- Understanding of current EV technology, including hardware, control software and vehicle types
- Proficiency with multiple engineering software applications
- Field construction management experience a plus
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off (includes but not limited to Paid Parental Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Sick, Vacation, etc.)
- National Holiday Pay & Float Holidays
- 401(k) Employer Matching
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer 100% Paid Life Insurance Benefits
- Employer 100% Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Plans
- Supplemental (Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits, Cancer/Critical Care, Hospitalization, Accident)
- Education tuition reimbursement program (from an accredited institution for college level and/or advance degree)
- Short Term Incentive (STI) Bonus Based on Performance Goals
- Regular professional, office business setting
- Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
- Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Edison Energy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
The Company is now requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, both for safety and business reasons. During the final stage of the interview process you will be required to disclose your COVID vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination to Human Resources. The Company will consider requests for exemptions from the vaccination requirement for medical and religious reasons, though not all such requests will necessarily be approved.
NOTE: Edison Energy Group is not the same company as Southern California Edison, the utility, and Edison Energy Group is not regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission.
Salary Range Transparency:
US Remote: $95,000-125,000 USD annually
Salary range represents the low and high end of Edison Energy's salary range for our EV Implementation Project Manager position. Salaries vary depending on factors including location and experience. Salary is one part of Edison Energy's Total Compensation Package.