Manager, Regulatory Intelligence
Alfa Energy Group – Operations /
Alfa Energy Group (An Edison Energy Company) is a global energy advisory firm that helps large corporate, industrial, and institutional clients better navigate the choices, opportunities, and risks that will emerge from the transition to a net-zero future. As stakeholder expectations around corporate sustainability increase, Alfa, Altenex & Edison help companies rise to this challenge by designing and implementing individualized strategies, projects, and programs across sustainability, renewables, transportation electrification, energy optimization, and energy supply.
Our alliance enables organizations to deliver on their strategic, financial, and sustainability goals by addressing today’s key energy challenges: carbon, cost, complexity, and creating energy equity across communities.
Edison Energy LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX) and does business in Europe as Altenex Energy and Alfa Energy Group.
The Manager, Regulatory Intelligence assesses the implications of energy and carbon policies in Europe for Edison Energy. This individual manages a team that analyses and advises Edison Energy’s clients, prospective clients, and internal teams on the risks and opportunities from upcoming European and national policy changes.
The Manager, Regulatory Intelligence is responsible for leading policy-related client engagements, serving as a subject matter expert at industry events and handling all aspects of people management of the team.
- Leads European client engagements as project manager for policy-focused client deliverables, such as the Non-Commodity Reports and regulated costs optimisation assessments, managing the workstreams of othersand engaging with other stakeholders throughout the business.
- Collaborates with the Director of Policy to develop and execute revenue-generating policy services aligned with the company’s strategic vision, optimizing scope and valuation of policy resources across the business units to grow gross profit.
- Develops and leads Edison Energy’s engagement with European policy influencers, including trade associations and policy-focused NGOs.
- Creates and shares thought leadership and cross-industry perspective to internal and external stakeholders.
- Authors policy-focused publications, including written summaries of legislation, government action, and regulatory filings, white papers, blog posts and marketing pieces.
- Leads, mentors, and recruits the Regulatory Intelligence team.
- Over 5years of relevant experience in the fields of power sector, renewable energy, sustainability, political science, clean tech, environment, economics, business and/or finance; work experience in consultancy / professional services preferred.
- Preference for fluency in at least one European language other than English
- Ability to translate complex policies to middle and senior management of clients and prospects.
- Ability to communicate with industry players and policymakers.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a regulatory environment in a similar role.
- Experience developing and implementing regulatory direction, policies, and procedures.
- Experience managing and leading people.
- Strong ability to translate the business’ objectives to regulatory direction.
- Must be highly motivated and a self-starter focused on delivery.
- Must work well in a dynamic environment and comfortable with adapting to changing business needs.
- Must be comfortable meeting with and presenting to senior leadership.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Renewable energy and utility market industry knowledge is required.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Person of integrity
- Problem solver
- Attentive to detail
- Independent decision maker
- Ethical and looking for growth
- Competitive salary with annual review
- Regular appraisals and career progression
- On-going training. We provide weekly training sessions covering a variety of topics such as weekly commodities, overview, sales, industry legislation, etc
- Additional time off; our office is always closed between Christmas and New Year
- Duvet Day. This is an additional day off, so it is not deducted from your annual holiday allowance. It is approved at yours manager’s discretion whenever you choose to take it!
- Critical Illness Cover
- An extra 2 hours of your birthday – either as a late start or early finish
- Opportunity to travel abroad to visit our office in Sarajevo
- Regular team and company social events
Edison Energy, Altenex Energy and Alfa Energy Group is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Competitive Benefits Available