Senior Analyst, Energy Data Services
Remote, United States /
Edison Energy – Energy Supply Advisory - Supply US /
Edison Energy LLC (DBA in Europe as Altenex Energy and Alfa Energy) is a global energy and sustainability advisory firm that provides strategy and implementation services to help large corporate, industrial, and institutional clients better navigate the choices, opportunities, and risks that will emerge from the transition to a net-zero future.
As stakeholder expectations around corporate sustainability increase, Edison helps companies rise to this challenge by designing and implementing individualized strategies, projects, and programs across sustainability,
renewables, transportation electrification, energy optimization, and energy supply.
With the recent integration of Edison, Altenex, and Alfa into one global company, we bring the strength of combined expertise across energy procurement, optimization, renewables, and sustainability solutions. With advanced technological capabilities and expanded international reach, we enable our clients to achieve a more positive, measurable impact.
Edison enables organizations to deliver on their strategic, financial, and sustainability goals by addressing today’s key energy challenges: carbon, cost, complexity, and creating energy equity across communities.
Edison Energy LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX).
This role is a mid-level position within Edison’s Data & Settlement Services team. The primary goal for this team is to gain efficiencies through process development and standardization for client service delivery while maintaining the highest level of accuracy, timeliness and professionalism. This role will provide analytical support to natural gas and electricity energy managers in Edison’s Energy Supply Advisory service line.
The primary difference between analyst and senior analyst is the overall scope of the position – 1) functions being performed, 2) direction received from others, 3) how much freedom the position has to make decisions and take action, 4) the ability to proactively avoid negative issues/risks for our clients/company and reactively resolve issues/risks with reduced or zero negative impact, 5) internal & external communication skills (verbal, written, presentation), 6) demonstrating initiative to properly and effectively take independent action, 7) job knowledge & experience, 8) quality of work (delivered with professionalism).
- Data Management & Maintenance
- Invoice Audits & Rate Modeling
- Tariff Analysis
- Contract Management
- Special Projects/ah-hoc tasks
- Expected to be a contributor as well as owner of process maintenance and improvement initiatives
- In many cases the individual is viewed as a subject matter expert in an area(s)
Thoroughly analyze and validate key customer metrics across multiple data management systems to ensure accuracy
Oversee, structure, and lead data analysis to inform insights and decision-making
Type of reports include, but are not limited to cost and consumption, marked-to-market, budgets, unit cost, savings trackers, supplier summaries, missing invoices, et
Use technology to identify potential errors and/or anomalies and verify data entry accuracy
When required, curate rate models for in-depth analysis
Evaluate feasibility to switch to a more favorable utility rate schedule, identify incentives and uncover opportunities to opt-in or opt-out of various charges
Carefully monitor for adherence to scope of work verification and reporting tasks for account deliverables
Deliver clear, structured, and effective client communications
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Business, Finance, Accounting, Sustainability or Engineering preferred)
- 3+ years of energy market experience at any of the following: end-user organization in an energy-procurement role, energy utility, energy supplier or energy consulting firm
- Work experience in consultancy / professional services preferred
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, PowerBI), and ability to perform data analysis in Microsoft Excel is required
- Familiarity with either the North American energy power or natural gas markets, or both
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Motivated to continuously improve processes and tools
- Results-oriented project management and organizational skills with a bias for action while managing multiple competing priorities and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interpret results, understand implications and communicate to clients, both internal and external
- Strong time management skills including working with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines, advance initiatives or respond to and satisfy client requests and/or contracted services while maintaining accuracy
- Ability to balance competing demands and priorities due to the nature of the role, while working independently and as a team
- Consistent in being a positive influence in workplace (work ethic, attitude, treatment of coworkers/customers etc.)
Benefits for Full-Time Employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off (includes but not limited to Bereavement, Jury Duty, Sick, Vacation, etc.)
- National Holiday Pay & Float Holidays
- 401(k) Employer Matching
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer 100% Paid Life Insurance Benefits
- Employer 100% Paid Short Term and Long- Term Disability Plans
- Supplemental (Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits, Cancer/Critical Care, Hospitalization, Accident)
- Education tuition reimbursement program (from an accredited institution for college level and/or advance degree)
- Short Term Incentive (STI) Bonus Based on Performance Goals
$55,000 - $75,000 a year
Edison Energy offers a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business.
The listed salary range listed represents Edison Energy’s good faith estimate for this position and represents the minimum and maximum for new hire salaries across all U.S. locations. An employee’s rate of pay within the range is determined based on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to geographic location and demonstrated performance over time. In addition to those factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as a part of any final offer. Please keep in mind that the range stated above is the full base salary range for the role. Hiring at the maximum of the range would not be typical in order to allow for future and continued salary growth.
Edison Energy reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law. You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
Edison Energy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
The Company is now requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, both for safety and business reasons. During the final stage of the interview process you will be required to disclose your COVID vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination to Human Resources. The Company will consider requests for exemptions from the vaccination requirement for medical and religious reasons, though not all such requests will necessarily be approved.
NOTE: Edison Energy Group is not the same company as Southern California Edison, the utility, and Edison Energy Group is not regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission.