Manager, Distributed Clean Energy Advisory
Louisville, KY /
Edison Energy – Energy Supply Advisory - Renewables US /
Edison Energy LLC (DBA in Europe as Altenex Energy and Alfa Energy) is a global energy and sustainability advisory firm that provides strategy and implementation services to help large corporate, industrial, and institutional clients better navigate the choices, opportunities, and risks that will emerge from the transition to a net-zero future.
As stakeholder expectations around corporate sustainability increase, Edison helps companies rise to this challenge by designing and implementing individualized strategies, projects, and programs across sustainability,
renewables, transportation electrification, energy optimization, and energy supply.
With the recent integration of Edison, Altenex, and Alfa into one global company, we bring the strength of combined expertise across energy procurement, optimization, renewables, and sustainability solutions. With advanced technological capabilities and expanded international reach, we enable our clients to achieve a more positive, measurable impact.
Edison enables organizations to deliver on their strategic, financial, and sustainability goals by addressing today’s key energy challenges: carbon, cost, complexity, and creating energy equity across communities.
Edison Energy LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX).
The Manager, Distributed Clean Energy Advisory is responsible for developing strategies and implementing solutions for clients to pursue distributed generation, such as onsite solar, storage, community solar, fuel cells, or other emerging technologies based on the client’s financial and sustainability goals. To implement this approach, the Manager will support the alignment of our client’s internal team through cross-functional coordination, enabling the long-term growth of a portfolio of distributed energy resources. Through strategy development, the Manager will coordinate with internal stakeholders around proper long-term solutions for client facilities as it pertains to distributed energy resources, based on renewable energy goals and sustainability motivations. With support from the broader Advisory team, the new team member will then help create client RFPs or source bilateral solutions.
The Manager will utilize their expertise in market knowledge — including incentives, rebates, and other policy factors— to help run robust financial analysis scenarios to complete a recommendation of how to proceed for our clients. With a recommendation made, the Manager will then support the commercial negotiation of those solutions with guidance from our commercial origination team.
The Manager will utilize and improve upon internal and external resources and models to provide the highest quality products and services to current and future clients. These products and services will focus on onsite or near-site solutions for our clients (such as onsite solar, battery storage, and community solar, etc.).
- Lead client engagements and advisory services with senior executives at client companies as it pertains to onsite solar, solar + storage, community solar, or other distributed energy technologies, including creation of high-quality materials.
- Manage and build relationships with developers, suppliers, and third-party providers of services for solar, storage, and other Distributed Energy providers.
- Lead high priority initiatives for the Distributed Clean Energy Advisory team, including process optimization and continuous improvement.
- Identify and structure opportunities capitalizing on short term market incentives that may arise for the benefit of our clients (e.g.,a newly created community solar program).
- Utilize creativity and market intelligence to identify unique solutions across distributed generation (e.g., monetizing a unique credit mechanism with a unique technology type).
- Prepare presentations and project diligence material for clients with support of our advisory analysts.
- Be proficient in commercial discussions to align internal commercial originators to deliver excellent client service and advise clients on new negotiations as appropriate.
- Evaluate renewable projects, client's electricity supply portfolios, and electricity market dynamics to deliver recommendations to clients and identify key risks to be mitigated.
- Prepare financial and commercial analysis of various contract structures and scenarios.
- Work cross-functionally with multiple internal Edison teams to ensure cohesive and high-quality solutions to clients.
- 4+ years of electricity market experience at any of the following: solar or storage developer, corporate renewable energy buyer/originator, energy consulting firm, corporate or institutional energy team, utility or retailer.
- Interest in and awareness of the distributed energy resources ecosystem, including key growth categories of onsite or community solar, storage, electric vehicle, and other burgeoning technologies.
- Comprehensive understanding of wholesale and retail energy markets, renewable energy development and financing, and corporate energy procurement strategies.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills; data visualization software such as Power BI or Tableau a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Advanced Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Must be a strong communicator, both in writing and in presentation skills, as the role involves significant senior level client interaction.
- Must possess strong analytical skills to understand energy market fundamentals and translate data into commercial strategies and advice for clients.
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple client engagements.
- Ability to adapt and respond in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines while maintaining accuracy.
- Ability to balance competing demands and priorities due to the nature of the role, while working independently and as a team.
- Regular professional, office business setting
Benefits for Full-Time Employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off (includes but not limited to Paid Parental Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Sick, Vacation, etc.)
- National Holiday Pay & Float Holidays
- 401(k) Employer Matching
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer 100% Paid Life Insurance Benefits
- Employer 100% Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Plans
- Supplemental (Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits, Cancer/Critical Care, Hospitalization, Accident)
- Education tuition reimbursement program (from an accredited institution for college level and/or advance degree)
- Short Term Incentive (STI) Bonus Based on Performance Goals
Edison Energy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
The Company is now requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, both for safety and business reasons. During the final stage of the interview process you will be required to disclose your COVID vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination to Human Resources. The Company will consider requests for exemptions from the vaccination requirement for medical and religious reasons, though not all such requests will necessarily be approved.
NOTE: Edison Energy Group is not the same company as Southern California Edison, the utility, and Edison Energy Group is not regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission.