Managing Director, Energy Supply Advisory
Edison Energy – Energy Supply Advisory - Supply US /
Edison Energy LLC (DBA in Europe as Altenex Energy and Alfa Energy) is a global energy and sustainability advisory firm that provides strategy and implementation services to help large corporate, industrial, and institutional clients better navigate the choices, opportunities, and risks that will emerge from the transition to a net-zero future.
As stakeholder expectations around corporate sustainability increase, Edison helps companies rise to this challenge by designing and implementing individualized strategies, projects, and programs across sustainability,
renewables, transportation electrification, energy optimization, and energy supply.
With the recent integration of Edison, Altenex, and Alfa into one global company, we bring the strength of combined expertise across energy procurement, optimization, renewables, and sustainability solutions. With advanced technological capabilities and expanded international reach, we enable our clients to achieve a more positive, measurable impact.
Edison enables organizations to deliver on their strategic, financial, and sustainability goals by addressing today’s key energy challenges: carbon, cost, complexity, and creating energy equity across communities.
Edison Energy LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX).
This position is responsible for natural gas and conventional power service activities for Energy Supply Advisory in North America. Edison’s Energy Supply Advisory team supports our clients' organizational goals by facilitating the procurement of electricity and natural gas while managing market risk.
The Managing Director position works in tandem with the Supply Advisory team in Europe, as well as international partners, to ensure streamlined services to Edison Energy’s global clients. The MD position also works closely with the renewables and sustainability teams to coordinate clients’ overall power procurement and sustainability strategies.
- Lead and manage global delivery of services by the Energy Supply Advisory team which includes approximately 30 employees with offices in the U.S., Mexico, and Canada.
- Initiate, maintain and deepen relationships with clients to raise Edison Energy’s profile as a long-term advisor and partner.
- Identify and efficiently execute solutions to meet the needs of clients; Draw on industry best practice to inform recommendations.
- Lead global multidisciplinary teams, leading by example, actively mentoring others, educating on negotiations and contract management and contributing to performance management and recruitment strategy and activities.
- Champion Edison Energy’s core values of safety, integrity, excellence, respect, continuous improvement and teamwork.
- Maximize productivity and employee engagement.
- In collaboration with the technology team, work to optimize internal processes, as well as fostering client engagement through digital solutions.
- Champion diversity across the Energy Optimization team and Edison Energy overall.
- Set strategic vision for North American Supply Advisory and ensures alignment across Edison Energy as a whole.
- Lead strategy for development and use of internal technology collaborating with Technology team.
- Lead strategy for establishing and maintaining relationships with key global partnerships including data aggregator and supply services partners in collaboration with Director, Data & Settlement Services.
- Stay abreast of the evolving dynamics of the supply advisory sector, analyze change, and provide information/recommendations to the organization accordingly.
- Create and share thought leadership and cross-industry perspective with clients.
- Work across business segments to support sales and marketing strategies, resource sharing and the overall integration of the supply, renewable, sustainability and demand advisory teams.
- Ensure delivery of advisory services by Energy Supply Advisory leveraging internal and external technology and partners. Examples of the supply advisory services include, but are not limited to:
- Natural gas, conventional electricity procurement and physically delivered renewable power procurement
- Supply management
- Commodity risk management
- Utility invoice processing and payment
- Data management
- Utility rate analysis
- Regulatory support
- Renewable Thermal
- Lead strategy and execution of client engagements and contract negotiations to meet financial goals
- Manage pricing for existing and prospective clients, in conjunction with Finance.
- Set strategy for and lead / support contractual negotiations of master service agreement and scope of work for existing and prospective clients.
- Monitor and set strategy and pricing for scope of work services delivered to clients to maintain and grow gross profit.
- Own the budget process.
- Monitor, manage and communicate business risks associated with global service delivery to Edison Energy Leadership team.
- 10-15 years of professional experience with focus on energy and business management experience in a corporation or a consulting firm (the latter is preferred).
- At least 10 years of experience in growing, leading, and inspiring internal teams; strong leadership and organizational skills must be complemented by relationship building management style.
- Exhibit exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork facilitation and negotiation
- Capable of engaging in challenging business conversations with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven track record in diagnosing business problems, developing strategic solutions, generating and executing business plans, and informing and shaping business decisions
- Experience managing a P&L of $10+ million
- Detailed understanding of the North American gas and power markets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of energy terms, markets, price economics and overall energy procurement strategies. Understands how decisions are made about energy, finance, and risk in corporate environment.
- Growth mindset with ability to adapt in changing markets
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication with strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, Finance, or a related field
- Extensive knowledge of energy supply consulting and service delivery
- Exposure to energy service delivery related technologies, processes, and workflows
- Demonstrates strong leadership history
- Strong energy supplier and customer relationships with the Fortune 500
- International experience
- Language skills (Spanish or other European languages)
Benefits for Full-Time Employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off (includes but not limited to Paid Parental Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Sick, Vacation, etc.)
- National Holiday Pay & Float Holidays
- 401(k) Employer Matching
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer 100% Paid Life Insurance Benefits
- Employer 100% Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental (Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits, Cancer/Critical Care, Hospitalization, Accident)
- Parent Company ESPP
- Education tuition or certification reimbursement program (from an accredited institution for college level and/or advance degree)
- Short Term Incentive (STI) Bonus Based on Performance Goals
- Hybrid or remote work schedule
Don't meet all the requirements? Please still apply if you think you are the right person for the position. We are always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and objectives
Edison Energy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
The Company is now requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, both for safety and business reasons. During the final stage of the interview process you will be required to disclose your COVID vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination to Human Resources. The Company will consider requests for exemptions from the vaccination requirement for medical and religious reasons, though not all such requests will necessarily be approved.
NOTE: Edison Energy Group is not the same company as Southern California Edison, the utility, and Edison Energy Group is not regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission.
Salary Range Transparency:
US Remote: $180,000-$220,000 USD annually
The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $180,000-$220,000 USD annually. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data.
Salary range represents the low and higher end of Edison Energy's salary range for our Managing Director, Energyt Supply Advisory position. Salaries vary depending on factors including location and experience. Salary is one part of Edison Energy's Total Compensation Package.