Remote, United States /
Edison Energy – Sustainability /
Edison Energy LLC (DBA in Europe as Altenex Energy and Alfa Energy) is a global energy and sustainability advisory firm that provides strategy and implementation services to help large corporate, industrial, and institutional clients better navigate the choices, opportunities, and risks that will emerge from the transition to a net-zero future.
As stakeholder expectations around corporate sustainability increase, Edison helps companies rise to this challenge by designing and implementing individualized strategies, projects, and programs across sustainability,
renewables, transportation electrification, energy optimization, and energy supply.
With the recent integration of Edison, Altenex, and Alfa into one global company, we bring the strength of combined expertise across energy procurement, optimization, renewables, and sustainability solutions. With advanced technological capabilities and expanded international reach, we enable our clients to achieve a more positive, measurable impact.
Edison enables organizations to deliver on their strategic, financial, and sustainability goals by addressing today’s key energy challenges: carbon, cost, complexity, and creating energy equity across communities.
Edison Energy LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX).
As a member of the growing Policy team, the Policy Analyst will track and analyze existing and pending energy and carbon policies that impact our clients’ operations and their energy procurement and sustainability strategies. The Policy Analyst serves as a cross-functional resource across the company, analyzing the risks and opportunities from upcoming policy changes and sharing market intelligence. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on high impact consulting projects in regulated electricity markets in the United States. The ideal candidate will be comfortable operating as a generalist with specialization in U.S. state energy regulations.
- Conducts preliminary and secondary research on energy policies, subsidies, and market economics globally
- Monitors and summarizes bills, regulatory proceedings and industry trends related to energy and climate policy, such as decarbonization of heat, fleet electrification, renewable hydrogen production and building electrification
- Examines commercial tariff structures and pending utility rate cases in the United States for client engagements
- Tracks policy developments at state public utility commissions and state agencies in regulated markets
- Drafts content for presentations to clients, including policy analysis and issue briefs
- Attends and summarizes calls for Edison Energy’s trade associations and other relevant NGO memberships
- Contributes to policy-focused publications, including quarterly reports, white papers, and blog posts
- Collaborates across internal teams including Sustainability, Energy Optimization, Transportation Electrification, and Energy Supply Advisory to inform strategy development
- 0-5 years of relevant experience in the fields of power sector, renewable energy, sustainability, political science, clean tech, environment, economics, business and/or finance
- Work experience or education at a public utility commission, utility, RTO/ISO, and/or consultancy preferred
- Candidates with experience working with utilities in the Southeast, Southwest or Midwest U.S. preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with utilities and policymakers
- Strong analytic skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task on various initiatives while upholding quality and product integrity
- Understanding of regulatory frameworks within the U.S. power sector and knowledge of regulatory issues and processes related to energy
- Willingness and desire to continue learning about energy markets and sustainability
- Ability to grow and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and colleagues
- Fluency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
Benefits for Full-Time Employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off (includes but not limited to Paid Parental Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Sick, Vacation, etc.)
- National Holiday Pay & Float Holidays
- 401(k) Employer Matching
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer 100% Paid Life Insurance Benefits
- Employer 100% Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Supplemental (Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits, Cancer/Critical Care, Hospitalization, Accident)
- Parent Company ESPP
- Clean, Air Conditioned, Friendly Working Environment
- Discretionary Bonus Based on Several Factors
- Remote work schedule
$51,900 - $85,000 a year
Edison Energy offers a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business.
The listed salary range listed represents Edison Energy’s good faith estimate for this position and represents the minimum and maximum for new hire salaries across all U.S. locations. An employee’s rate of pay within the range is determined based on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to geographic location and demonstrated performance over time. In addition to those factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as a part of any final offer. Please keep in mind that the range stated above is the full base salary range for the role. Hiring at the maximum of the range would not be typical in order to allow for future and continued salary growth.
Edison Energy reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law. You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
Don't meet all the requirements? Please still apply and submit your resume and cover letter if you think you are the right person for the position. We are always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and objectives.
Edison Energy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
The Company is now requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, both for safety and business reasons. During the final stage of the interview process you will be required to disclose your COVID vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination to Human Resources. The Company will consider requests for exemptions from the vaccination requirement for medical and religious reasons, though not all such requests will necessarily be approved.
NOTE: Edison Energy Group is not the same company as Southern California Edison, the utility, and Edison Energy Group is not regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission.