Advisor, Onsite Solar & Energy Storage
Sarajevo, BiH /
Altenex Energy – Energy Advisory - Europe /
Altenex Energy, a subsidiary of U.S. company Edison Energy, is an independent advisor for commercial, industrial, and institutional energy users, delivering data-driven and integrated energy solutions in Europe. This includes providing comprehensive renewable energy advisory and procurement services focused on analyzing and mitigating risk, while improving sustainability within each client’s energy portfolio.
Empowering organizations to manage the key challenges of cost, carbon, and complex choices, the Altenex team helps clients design energy and sustainability strategies, find the optimal renewable energy projects and products, structure contract terms that minimize risk, and manage growing renewables portfolios in unison with traditional power supply.
Altenex Energy and Edison Energy are wholly owned subsidiaries of Edison International (NYSE: EIX).
For more information, please visit www.altenexenergy.com
The Energy Advisory team helps corporations and institutions (C&I buyers) purchase renewable power directly from offsite and onsite projects to meet their energy and sustainability goals. We educate our clients on the available renewable procurement options that meet their needs, help them navigate and conduct due diligence on the multitude of projects and developers in the market, run analysis to stress test project economics, and structure commercial agreements for project offtake primarily through power purchase agreements or direct ownership.
We are seeking an advisor to specialize in clients’ distributed energy procurements, focusing on onsite solar PV and battery storage portfolios as well as citizen and community solar portfolios.
The Onsite Solar & Energy Storage Advisor will engage directly with C&I buyers, supporting the strategic analysis of their electricity portfolios, the development of their renewable energy procurement strategy, and the process of identifying and selecting the best risk-adjusted project and structure for their needs. The advisor will also play a key role in maintaining relationships with renewable energy project developers, and identifying the risks and opportunities associated with proposals they put forward.
In addition, the Onsite Solar & Energy Storage Advisor ensures the project goals of completion, performance and quality are achieved. The role is essential for the successful implementation of project work and requires establishment of strategic partnerships. The advisor takes direct lead over various project aspects and works to implement project goals. This role entails the management of building, renewable, mechanical, controls, and electrical projects from concept, to contract, through installation and turnover.
- Assist in analyzing portfolios of onsite solar and citizen energy community opportunities for clients
- Provide technical and engineering support for desktop assessments and feasibility studies of on-site renewable energy system designs
- Support clients throughout their renewable energy procurement process, from building educational presentations on power markets, to analyzing clients’ energy usage, to synthesizing data on PPA prices and ownership models
- Source onsite solar and citizen energy community portfolios for clients by developing RFP materials, issuing RFPs, and conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis to evaluate the proposals received
- Conduct due diligence on on-site renewable energy project proposals, including site surveys
- Support and build relationships with renewable energy originators to identify top projects and structures for meeting client objectives
- Maintain central repository of distributed energy price and proposal data
- Perform financial modeling and due diligence of renewable energy projects and storage assets
- Prepare presentations and analysis for C&I clients
- Conduct primary and secondary research on energy policies, power market economics, utility incentives, retail rates and C&I market opportunities
- Assist to create and maintain project schedules
- Oversee all aspects of the project and ensure timely project execution
- Responsible for project cost accounting and management of project budget for financial risk management of the project
- Preparation and management of the Owner and Subcontractor Agreements
- Coordinate all aspects of the project work including equipment, materials, subcontractors and vendors toward successful implementation of the project
- Develop and maintain contractual relationships with strategic partners for construction management and commissioning services
- Work with all project stakeholders, both internal and external, to develop and maintain the project schedule
- Interact with contractors, engineers, property owners and others engaged in projects regarding progress, scheduling, project problems, plan interpretation, specification and code interpretation, and field assessments
- Maintain professional level of communication and association with executives at the owner, subcontractor and equipment vendor levels
- Problem solving for drawing conflicts and coordination with project consultants
- Lead the closeout effort of the project including commissioning, training, warranties and operation and maintenance manuals
- Perform onsite inspections of clients’ solar and battery installations across Europe, either directly or through subcontractors/partners
- 5-10 years of electricity market and project management experience, with preference for solar or storage background, at any of the following: energy management team at a corporation or institution dealing with wholesale and retail strategies, utility or retailer, renewable project developer, solar and battery storage installer, energy or sustainability consulting firm
- Graduate degree (or equivalent working knowledge) in electrical engineering or energy (systems) engineering
- Comprehensive understanding of wholesale and retail energy markets, renewable energy development and financing, and corporate energy procurement strategies
- Working knowledge of general project management processes and scheduling software tools, preferably Microsoft Project
- Must possess strong analytical skills to understand energy market fundamentals and translate data into commercial strategies and advice for clients
- Strong communicator, both in writing and in presentation skills, as the role involves significant senior level client interaction
- Disciplined, self-motivated, and proactive work style, and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficient in using industry standard solar modelling software packages
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple client engagements
- Ability to adapt and respond in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines while maintaining accuracy
- Ability to balance competing demands and priorities, while working independently and as a team