Senior Power BI Developer
Remote, Mexico /
Edison Energy – Technology /
Edison Energy LLC (DBA in Europe as Altenex Energy and Alfa Energy) is a global energy and sustainability advisory firm that provides strategy and implementation services to help large corporate, industrial, and institutional clients better navigate the choices, opportunities, and risks that will emerge from the transition to a net-zero future.
As stakeholder expectations around corporate sustainability increase, Edison helps companies rise to this challenge by designing and implementing individualized strategies, projects, and programs across sustainability,
renewables, transportation electrification, energy optimization, and energy supply.
With the recent integration of Edison, Altenex, and Alfa into one global company, we bring the strength of combined expertise across energy procurement, optimization, renewables, and sustainability solutions. With advanced technological capabilities and expanded international reach, we enable our clients to achieve a more positive, measurable impact.
Edison enables organizations to deliver on their strategic, financial, and sustainability goals by addressing today’s key energy challenges: carbon, cost, complexity, and creating energy equity across communities.
Edison Energy LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX).
The Senior Power BI Developer will be responsible for interpreting the business needs of our internal stakeholders, documenting and developing the reporting analytics that meet those needs. This includes the design, development, maintenance, integration, and reporting of business systems through cubes, ad-hoc reports, and dashboards. Other responsibilities may include providing support and expertise in data management, reporting, and underlying infrastructure and delivering Power BI training or knowledge sharing with our business users.
- Work with the business to define report requirements and translate those requirements into reporting deliverables via scoping sessions.
- Document business expected outcomes, baselines, and value-add framework.
- Design complex business intelligence and analytic solutions based on functional requirements.
- Develop Power BI data models that aggregate data from multiple data sources to meet requirements, configure, and set up application gateway refreshes.
- Build dashboards drawing data from multiple databases or sources.
- Create mock-up reports for proof-of-concept reviews.
- Design and develop complex BI solutions from back-end components and processes to front-end user interaction, experience components, requirements.
- Test and ensure solutions perform (performance-tuned) as expected and document results
- Translate data results into written reports, tables, graphs, and charts.
- Ensure the availability and performance of the solutions and reports.
- Participate in and lead functional and technical specification reviews.
- Research technical solutions to business problems.
- Develop (and then train on) company standards and procedures to support self-service
- Support multi-company environment.
- Design creative dashboard layouts.
- Understand how to apply and utilize big data concepts.
- Provide knowledge transfer and support to other team members and users for generation of various reporting types.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field (or equivalent work experience) necessary.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in development of BI solutions (MS tabular models including PBI visualization.
- Experience in designing and implementing data models (on SQL based storage solutions).
- Microsoft Power BI certifications or Azure certifications.
- Solid understanding of data modeling, ETL techniques, processes, and Data Warehouse concepts.
- Proficiency in data analysis, ETL (Power Query), SQL coding (or data extraction and integration tools) and performance optimization.
- High degree of analytical skills (quick comprehension, abstract thinking, recognize relationships).
- Strong problem solving, process mapping and analytical skills required.
- Team orientated with the ability to work and communicate effectively with users at all levels in the organization.
- Strong (English) oral and written communication skills a must.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to meet and coordinate multiple tasks and tight deadlines.
- Ability to function as a team member.
- Proficiency in English Language
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- 7+ years’ relevant work experience.
- 5+ years design of dashboard layout
- 1+ years of Energy/Sustainability industry experience.
- Training or certification in Microsoft technologies and applications.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft BI stack (including Power BI builder, Analysis Services, Paginated Reports, Power Pivot, Azure SQL, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Pipelines, Azure Synapse, SSIS and SSRS).
- Experience with Synapse and Data Flow.
- Database modeling, Machine Learning (classification and clustering).
- Skills in leadership, managing through influence, relationship management, and presentations.
- Agile methodology knowledge.
- Ability to work with BA, PM, other stakeholders at all levels.
- Must work well in a dynamic environment and be comfortable adapting to changing business needs.
- Strategic thinker capable of establishing a clear intent and direction.
- Strong organization and process-oriented skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a high-paced environment.
- Outstanding attention to detail while working on multiple projects with competing timelines.
- Ability to work independently on aggressive schedules and be self-motivated.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical concepts to a cross-disciplinary audience, both in writing and in presentation skills.
- Must work well in a remote team environment.
- Aptitude for analytical thinking, attentive to detail, and able to stay organized across multiple workstreams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and present effectively
- Effectively solves problems and conflicts, thrives in collaborative environments.
Edison Energy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
NOTE: Edison Energy Group is not the same company as Southern California Edison, the utility, and Edison Energy Group is not regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission.
Competitive Benefits Available