Construction Manager/Project Manager, EV Design & Delivery
Remote, California /
Edison Energy – Transportation Electrification /
Edison Energy LLC (DBA in Europe as Altenex Energy and Alfa Energy) is a global energy and sustainability advisory firm that provides strategy and implementation services to help large corporate, industrial, and institutional clients better navigate the choices, opportunities, and risks that will emerge from the transition to a net-zero future.
As stakeholder expectations around corporate sustainability increase, Edison helps companies rise to this challenge by designing and implementing individualized strategies, projects, and programs across sustainability,
renewables, transportation electrification, energy optimization, and energy supply.
With the recent integration of Edison, Altenex, and Alfa into one global company, we bring the strength of combined expertise across energy procurement, optimization, renewables, and sustainability solutions. With advanced technological capabilities and expanded international reach, we enable our clients to achieve a more positive, measurable impact.
Edison enables organizations to deliver on their strategic, financial, and sustainability goals by addressing today’s key energy challenges: carbon, cost, complexity, and creating energy equity across communities.
Edison Energy LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX).
A seasoned, experienced construction and project management professional with a full understanding of electric vehicle (EV) design and construction. The successful candidate for this job is the fully qualified, career-oriented professional who has shown technical skills required to be an EV Construction and Manager.
Work will be primarily field based in Southern and Central California with occasional domestic travel.
Up to 50% of time working in the field.
Activities to include the following tasks:
- Assess multiple EV projects throughout project lifecycle across multiple client portfolios
- Develop initial project layout recommendations
- Perform electrical calculations to determine equipment and infrastructure sizing
- Develop initial cost estimates and project timelines
- Assist project team with technical communications between the team and the client
- Attend jobsite meetings and field surveys as required - Conduct competitive procurement activities for subcontractors and equipment
- Supervise and manage site construction
- Support internal and external resources necessary to implement projects
- Advise project team on project schedules
- Advise project team on client facing and internal reports
- Advise on procurement activities on behalf of clients
- Participate in Business Development activities as required
- Assess portfolios
- of EV projects with varying levels of complexity
- Manage subcontractors to ensure safe and quality installation of EV & DER infrastructure
- Utilize common drafting software applications to produce client facing exhibits
- Develop single line drawings and determine equipment specifications
- Continually research and learn about new EV and DER technology
- Determine best practices and methods to optimize assignments deliverables
- Coordinate project engineering tasks with peer project management staff
- Attend client meetings and support client communications
- Support new business proposals as directed
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in the EV design or deployment industry
- BA/BS or higher, electrical engineering, construction project management or similar technical education/experience
- EV project management
- Previous experience designing EV infrastructure projects
- Previous experience managing subcontractors in the field
- Previous experience with utility interconnection processes
- Capable of interpreting engineering designs, shop drawings, operation & maintenance manuals, and other construction documentation
- Capable of preparing cost estimates and auditing final construction cost calculations
- Understanding of current EV technology, including hardware, control software and vehicle types
- Proficiency with multiple engineering software applications
Benefits for Full-Time Employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off (includes but not limited to Paid Parental Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Sick, Vacation, etc.)
- National Holiday Pay & Float Holidays
- 401(k) Employer Matching
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer 100% Paid Life Insurance Benefits
- Employer 100% Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental (Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits, Cancer/Critical Care, Hospitalization, Accident)
- Parent Company ESPP
- Education tuition or certification reimbursement program (from an accredited institution for college level and/or advance degree)
- Short Term Incentive (STI) Bonus Based on Performance Goals
- Hybrid or remote work schedule
Edison Energy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
The Company is now requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, both for safety and business reasons. During the final stage of the interview process you will be required to disclose your COVID vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination to Human Resources. The Company will consider requests for exemptions from the vaccination requirement for medical and religious reasons, though not all such requests will necessarily be approved.
NOTE: Edison Energy Group is not the same company as Southern California Edison, the utility, and Edison Energy Group is not regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission.