Manager, Electric Vehicle Strategy
Portland, OR /
Edison Energy – Transportation Electrification /
Edison Energy LLC (DBA in Europe as Altenex Energy and Alfa Energy) is a global energy and sustainability advisory firm that provides strategy and implementation services to help large corporate, industrial, and institutional clients better navigate the choices, opportunities, and risks that will emerge from the transition to a net-zero future.
As stakeholder expectations around corporate sustainability increase, Edison helps companies rise to this challenge by designing and implementing individualized strategies, projects, and programs across sustainability,
renewables, transportation electrification, energy optimization, and energy supply.
With the recent integration of Edison, Altenex, and Alfa into one global company, we bring the strength of combined expertise across energy procurement, optimization, renewables, and sustainability solutions. With advanced technological capabilities and expanded international reach, we enable our clients to achieve a more positive, measurable impact.
Edison enables organizations to deliver on their strategic, financial, and sustainability goals by addressing today’s key energy challenges: carbon, cost, complexity, and creating energy equity across communities.
Edison Energy LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX).
As a member of Transportation Electrification team, the successful candidate is responsible for supporting the growth of Edison Energy’s Transportation Electrification practice and managing ongoing client pipeline and related activities. This role focuses on helping clients define and execute clean transportation strategies, with subject matter expertise and thought leadership around electric vehicle fleet advisory and provides comprehensive energy advisory services to customers, including analysis of client energy portfolios, advising on market trends, and quantifying opportunities. Key to this role will be supporting the development and delivery of Edison Energy’s electric vehicle and alternative fuel offerings and ensuring superior client experience.
Critical to this role is a passion for, and experience in electric vehicles. Our team sees a future of decarbonized mobility and we work with our clients to achieve those goals. The successful candidate will report to the Managing Director, Transportation Electrification and will work across the sales, marketing, advisory, and technology functions of Edison Energy.
Project Management & Client Consulting (50%):
- Provide subject-matter expertise around transportation electrification (TE).
- Serve as an advisor to clients and lead the delivery of electric vehicle projects, including advising on best practices and strategic value of TE.
- Develop and prepare high-quality client-facing materials and deliverables across multiple workstreams; this includes but is not limited to Power Point presentations, reports, summary documents, and proposals
- Lead qualitative and quantitative analysis, including financial modeling/analysis around fleet conversion to electric vehicles, total cost of ownership, carbon savings, return-on-investment, evaluation of incentives, financial analysis of existing energy tariffs, and effect of electric vehicle charging on monthly costs.
- Lead cross-functional teams in developing and implementing strategic roadmaps, managing key engagement interviews / research, and facilitating workshops on TE strategy.
- Strong project delivery skills, including customer insights, team collaboration and oversight, visual communications, report writing, and meeting facilitation
- Work with internal teams such as Sustainability, Energy Optimization, Supply and Renewables & Analytics Advisory to inform strategy development
Strategy Development (25%):
- Integrate the TE practice into Edison Energy’s portfolio by working closely with members of our business units and clients to quickly establish highly functioning joint project teams.
- Supporting business development materials and sales communications to facilitate the customer engagement process.
- Communicate and socialize transportation electrification strategy within client organizations; clearly articulate to senior leadership, including C-suite, around how TE opportunities are related to other business objectives
- Identify current customer needs, emerging customer needs, and new market opportunities for the TE team, with a focus on enterprise-wide decarbonization strategies
- Help contribute to business process designs internally and across the organization
Staff Management & Internal Collaboration (25%):
- Oversee project teams and coordinate the management of tasks, timelines, and client deliverables.
- Manage and coach junior staff to foster a collaborative working environment, encourage innovation, and support in professional development and career progression
- Directly manage junior staff to ensure complete and high-quality project deliverables to clients
- Support integration between Edison’s service lines, providing internal education and training on how current energy optimization, supply, and renewable energy procurement advisory practices support client TE initiatives
- Work with the technology and analytics teams on integration of TE metrics into internal and external software tools
- Develop proposals and responses to RFPs with the cross-functional Edison Team. Participate in interviews with potential clients and target programs.
- A minimum of 8 years professional experience
- A minimum of three years in external consulting in transportation, energy services, engineering, or sustainability
- Industry experience in the electric transportation sector, with specific expertise in fleet electrification strategy and / or implementation
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, display excellent judgment, and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Experience in managing junior staff to deliver projects within expected timeframes
- Excellent oral communication, written communication, and presentation skills
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Environmental Science, or a related field will be considered for those with deep experience in the electric transportation sector
- MBA or business degree desired, although not required
- Demonstrated passion for transportation electrification, climate mitigation, sustainability, and clean energy.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a cross-disciplinary audience, both in writing and in presentation skills
- Mentoring and coaching staff to foster an inclusive and collaborative working environment
- Strong knowledge of transportation electrification trends and the issues facing leaders in the space
- Outstanding attention to detail while managing multiple projects with competing timelines
- Ability to work independently and within teams
- Interest in an entrepreneurial opportunity associated with developing and growing TE consulting offerings, including a desire to actively participate in strategic growth planning and people development
- Travel may be expected up to 25% of time
- Generous Paid Time Off (includes but not limited to Paid Parental Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Sick, Vacation, etc.)
- National Holiday Pay & Float Holidays
- 401(k) Employer Matching
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer 100% Paid Life Insurance Benefits
- Employer 100% Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability Plans
- Supplemental (Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits, Cancer/Critical Care, Hospitalization, Accident)
- Education tuition reimbursement program (from an accredited institution for college level and/or advance degree)
- Short Term Incentive (STI) Bonus Based on Performance Goals
Senior Manager title will be considered for appropriate experience level
Edison Energy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
The Company is now requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, both for safety and business reasons. During the final stage of the interview process you will be required to disclose your COVID vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination to Human Resources. The Company will consider requests for exemptions from the vaccination requirement for medical and religious reasons, though not all such requests will necessarily be approved.
NOTE: Edison Energy Group is not the same company as Southern California Edison, the utility, and Edison Energy Group is not regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission.