Senior Energy Supply Advisor
Remote, United States /
Edison Energy – Energy Supply Advisory - Supply US /
Edison Energy LLC (DBA in Europe as Altenex Energy and Alfa Energy) is a global energy and sustainability advisory firm that provides strategy and implementation services to help large corporate, industrial, and institutional clients better navigate the choices, opportunities, and risks that will emerge from the transition to a net-zero future.
As stakeholder expectations around corporate sustainability increase, Edison helps companies rise to this challenge by designing and implementing individualized strategies, projects, and programs across sustainability,
renewables, transportation electrification, energy optimization, and energy supply.
With the recent integration of Edison, Altenex, and Alfa into one global company, we bring the strength of combined expertise across energy procurement, optimization, renewables, and sustainability solutions. With advanced technological capabilities and expanded international reach, we enable our clients to achieve a more positive, measurable impact.
Edison enables organizations to deliver on their strategic, financial, and sustainability goals by addressing today’s key energy challenges: carbon, cost, complexity, and creating energy equity across communities.
Edison Energy LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX).
Edison’s Supply Advisory team partners with our clients by working with internal decision-makers to procure natural gas and electricity while managing market risk. The Senior Energy Supply Manager is responsible for leading client relationships, creating and executing energy strategy and ensuring efficient delivery of service to accounts.
- Clarify and incorporate client goals, policies and priorities into energy strategy
- Monitor commodity markets to inform our clients of issues that will influence the price and availability of energy
- Facilitate natural gas and/or electricity procurement for both individual and aggregated sites
- Prepare unbiased, comparative analysis to recommend optimal energy supply arrangements for our clients with consideration given to market timing, supplier, product, term, and price
- Negotiate contracts and execute transactions while complying with client-specific procurement policy and requirements
- Develop, maintain and grow client relationships by focusing on client satisfaction and collaborating with service delivery team
- Build supplier relationships while elucidating strengths and weaknesses
- Capture energy data and make it actionable through meaningful, often customized, reporting
- Collaborate with our Renewables, Engineering, and Analytics teams to find opportunities and deliver integrated services
- Provide ad-hoc energy support and education to clients and prospects
- Mentor and develop junior energy managers and analysts
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or another associated field
- 8+ years of energy market experience at any of the following: end-user organization in an energy-procurement role, energy utility, energy supplier or energy consulting firm
- Comprehensive understanding of energy markets and corporate energy procurement strategies
- Proficiency in Microsoft software, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Must be highly organized and able to advise multiple clients and manage respective internal teams.
- Must possess strong analytical skills to understand energy market fundamentals and translate data into strategies and recommendations for clients
- Must be a strong communicator, both in writing and presenting, as the role involves significant client interaction
- Regular professional, office business setting
- Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
- Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Benefits for Full-Time Employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off (includes but not limited to Paid Parental Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Sick, Vacation, etc.)
- National Holiday Pay & Float Holidays
- 401(k) Employer Matching
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer 100% Paid Life Insurance Benefits
- Employer 100% Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Supplemental (Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits, Cancer/Critical Care, Hospitalization, Accident)
- Parent Company ESPP
- Clean, Air Conditioned, Friendly Working Environment
- Discretionary Bonus Based on Several Factors
- Hybrid remote work schedule
Edison Energy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
The Company is now requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, both for safety and business reasons. During the final stage of the interview process you will be required to disclose your COVID vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination to Human Resources. The Company will consider requests for exemptions from the vaccination requirement for medical and religious reasons, though not all such requests will necessarily be approved.
NOTE: Edison Energy Group is not the same company as Southern California Edison, the utility, and Edison Energy Group is not regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission.