Senior Policy Analyst - Europe
London, UK /
Alfa Energy Group – Energy Supply Advisory - Europe /
Alfa Energy Group (An Edison Energy Company) is a global energy advisory firm that helps large corporate, industrial, and institutional clients better navigate the choices, opportunities, and risks that will emerge from the transition to a net-zero future. As stakeholder expectations around corporate sustainability increase, Alfa, Altenex & Edison help companies rise to this challenge by designing and implementing individualized strategies, projects, and programs across sustainability, renewables, transportation electrification, energy optimization, and energy supply.
Our alliance enables organizations to deliver on their strategic, financial, and sustainability goals by addressing today’s key energy challenges: carbon, cost, complexity, and creating energy equity across communities.
Edison Energy LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX) and does business in Europe as Altenex Energy and Alfa Energy Group.
Are you looking to be part of an international sustainability and energy services
business, working in a positive and supportive work environment?
Alfa Energy Group (An Edison Energy Company) is an international sustainability and energy services consultancy based in London, with offices in Frankfurt and Sarajevo. The company has been successfully delivering energy cost management solutions to 1000s of clients across different countries since
1995. On the back of recent new client acquisitions, we are undergoing an expansion programme, and looking for an experienced professional to be join our team as Senior Policy Analyst-Europe.
The Senior Policy Analyst, Europe tracks and analyses existing and pending energy and carbon policies in Europe that impact our clients’ operations and their energy procurement and sustainability strategies. The Senior Policy Analyst serves as a cross-functional resource for renewable and conventional supply clients in Europe by analysing the risks and opportunities from upcoming policy changes and sharing market intelligence.
- Monitor energy and environmental policy changes in each European country and share general intelligence on sustainability, renewables, and regulated costs.
- Research the market attractiveness for offsite renewables, rooftop solar and/or battery storage using data from major industry and government publications (e.g., IEA, IRENA, European Commission, ENTSO-E, Eurelectric, ACER, WindEurope, SolarPower Europe) as well as local regulators and industry participants publications.
- Report on regulatory and non-regulatory developments (targets, subsidies, and project announcements) around decarbonization of heat, fleet electrification, renewable hydrogen production and energy efficiency measures.
- Create impact assessments for internal and external stakeholders and report on regulatory developments around non-commodity cost methodologies and impact of government policies.
- Identify and analyse support schemes for non-commodity costs optimization.
- Maintain accurate databases regarding non-commodity costs.
- Contribute to policy-focused publications, such as the Quarterly Renewable Market and Non-Commodity Reports, and update policy materials for client presentations.
- Support delivery teams on ad hoc policy and regulation requests from clients.
- 1-3 years of relevant experiencein the fields of power sector, renewable energy, sustainability, political science, clean tech, environment, economics, business and/or finance; work experience in consultancy / professional services preferred.
- Preference for fluency in at least one European language other than English.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytic skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task on various initiatives while upholding quality and product integrity
- Willingness and desire to continue learning about energy markets and sustainability
- Ability to grow and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and colleagues
- Fluency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong analytic skills and excellent attention to detail
Ability to prioritize and multi-task on various initiatives while upholding quality and product integrity
Willingness and desire to continue learning about energy markets and sustainability
Ability to grow and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and colleagues
Fluency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
Edison Energy, Altenex Energy and Alfa Energy Group is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Competitive Benefits Available