Senior Analyst, Distributed Clean Energy Analytics
Burlington, ON /
Edison Energy – Energy Supply Advisory - Renewables US /
Edison Energy is a global energy advisory firm that helps large corporate, industrial, and institutional clients better navigate the choices, opportunities, and risks that will emerge from the transition to a net-zero future.
As stakeholder expectations around corporate sustainability increase, Edison helps companies rise to this challenge by designing and implementing individualized strategies, projects, and programs across sustainability, renewables, transportation electrification, energy optimization, and energy supply.
Edison enables organizations to deliver on their strategic, financial, and sustainability goals by addressing today’s key energy challenges: carbon, cost, complexity, and creating energy equity across communities.
Edison Energy LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX) and does business in Europe as Altenex Energy.
The Analyst or Senior Analyst, Distributed Clean Energy Analytics is responsible for powering our ability to develop strategies and implement solutions for clients to pursue distributed energy resources (DERs) and distributed generation (DG), such as solar, storage, fuel cells, and community solar based on the client’s financial and sustainability goals. To enable our growing distributed energy advisory practice, the Manager will outline and develop process efficiencies for our broader team. This includes, but isn’t limited to, best-in class financial modeling practices and tariff rate analysis support throughout multiple states, ISOs/RTOs, and utilities in North America, as well as process optimization as it pertains to databases that include incentives and policy.
Through the knowledge of renewable energy and distributed energy, paired with database and software experience, the ideal candidate will help to create efficiency gains for our advisory practice from a modeling, forecasting, and technology perspective. Ultimately, this new position will help to continue our growth and build the foundation for more efficient ways of working as it pertains to large portfolios of distributed energy.
The team member will utilize and improve upon internal or external resources and models to provide the highest quality products and services to current and future clients. These products and services will focus on local or regional generation assets (such as onsite solar, battery storage, and community solar).
- Lead high priority initiatives for the DER Commercial Advisory team including process improvements and analysis tool development.
- Manage and build relationships with developers, suppliers and third-party providers of services for solar, storage, and other DER providers.
- Utilize creativity and market intelligence to identify unique solutions across distributed generation that can be tailored to our existing and new clients.
- Support presentations and project diligence material for clients through the lens of financial analysis and your understanding of energy markets.
- Prepare financial and commercial analysis of various contract structures and scenarios based on client input and impacts of decision-making.
- Work cross-functionally with the Energy Sourcing, Commercial, Market Insights & Analytics, and Energy Optimization teams to ensure cohesive and high-quality solutions to clients.
- Market experience at any of the following: solar or storage developer, corporate renewable energy buyer/originator, energy consulting firm, corporate or institutional energy team, or utility
- Ability to distill complex opportunities into actionable results through tool automation, process automation, and integration with software; coding and writing scripts to a reasonable level is required
- Interest in and awareness of the distributed energy resources ecosystem, including key growth categories of solar, storage, electric vehicles, and other burgeoning technologies
- Comprehensive understanding of wholesale and retail energy markets, renewable energy development and financing, and corporate energy procurement strategies
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills; data visualization software such as Power BI
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Advanced Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Must be a strong communicator, both in writing and in presentation skills, as the role involves collaboration and need for regular feedback on requirements
- Must possess strong analytical skills to understand energy market fundamentals and translate data into practical solutions for the DER Commercial Advisory
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple workstreams simultaneously
- Ability to adapt and respond in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines while maintaining accuracy
- Ability to balance competing demands and priorities due to the nature of the role, while working independently and as a team
- Regular professional, office business setting