Senior Software Engineer
Remote, Mexico /
Edison Energy – Technology /
Edison Energy LLC (DBA in Europe as Altenex Energy and Alfa Energy) is a global energy and sustainability advisory firm that provides strategy and implementation services to help large corporate, industrial, and institutional clients better navigate the choices, opportunities, and risks that will emerge from the transition to a net-zero future.
As stakeholder expectations around corporate sustainability increase, Edison helps companies rise to this challenge by designing and implementing individualized strategies, projects, and programs across sustainability,
renewables, transportation electrification, energy optimization, and energy supply.
With the recent integration of Edison, Altenex, and Alfa into one global company, we bring the strength of combined expertise across energy procurement, optimization, renewables, and sustainability solutions. With advanced technological capabilities and expanded international reach, we enable our clients to achieve a more positive, measurable impact.
Edison enables organizations to deliver on their strategic, financial, and sustainability goals by addressing today’s key energy challenges: carbon, cost, complexity, and creating energy equity across communities.
Edison Energy LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX).
The Technology team is responsible for implementation of client focused internal software systems and tools. The technology team is responsible for discovering actionable insight. The team will create data-driven solutions and develop client-focused software systems and tools. Our digital assets provide business analyst(s) with insights to be used on behalf of our clients. The cloud-based systems and software include, but not limited to energy portfolio management, energy asset virtualization, big data analytics, and big data visualizations.
- Work with the business to define report requirements and translate those requirements into reporting deliverables via scoping sessions.
- Work closely with team leads, business analysts, and product managers to understand business problems and identify solutions.
- Communicate technical designs and implementation details to technical stakeholders.
- Produce high quality software that is designed for performance and scalability, well-written and tested thoroughly.
- Take ownership of products and features.
- Lead team members on independent project initiatives.
- Mentor and support your teammates.
- Maintain high code quality and readability.
- Design strategic, creative, and innovative solutions.
- Promote teamwork, research cutting edge technology, and support a vibrant innovative work atmosphere.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or other technical or business field.
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Cloud-based or distributed software development.
- Experience in data visualization.
- Experience with MS/Azure SQL Server.
- Experience in real time alerting and messaging.
- Experience working with data feeds.
- Experience with multi-tiered software architectures.
- Experience with version control tools such as Git.
- Understanding and experience developing solutions with Microsoft Azure or other cloud ecosystems.
- Experience with process and tools for continuous delivery of SaaS based solutions.
- Python, R, or other data science technologies.
- DevOps understanding.
- Database technologies (relational and non-relational).
- Object-oriented design and design patterns expertise.
- Strong understanding and experience with C# and the .NET stack.
- Understanding of RESTful APIs.
- Understanding of Agile and Lean Software Development methodology.
- Ability to work independently, self-sufficiently and in a team.
- Proficiency in English Language
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- 7+ years’ relevant work experience.
- Prior experience integrating with and/or developing RESTful APIs.
- Experience integrating Identity and Access Management solutions.
- Energy, data analytics, risk management or financial management background.
- Training or certification in Microsoft technologies and applications.
- 1+ years DevOps.
- Agile methodology work experience.
- Must work well in a dynamic environment and be comfortable adapting to changing business needs.
- Strategic thinker capable of establishing a clear intent and direction.
- Strong organization and process-oriented skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a high-paced environment.
- Outstanding attention to detail while working on multiple projects with competing timelines.
- Ability to work independently on aggressive schedules and be self-motivated.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical concepts to a cross-disciplinary audience, both in writing and in presentation skills.
- Must work well in a remote team environment.
- Aptitude for analytical thinking, attentive to detail, and able to stay organized across multiple workstreams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and present effectively.
- Effectively solves problems and conflicts, thrives in collaborative environments.
Edison Energy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
NOTE: Edison Energy Group is not the same company as Southern California Edison, the utility, and Edison Energy Group is not regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission.
Competitive Benefits Available