Intern, Transportation Electrification
Remote, United States /
Edison Energy – Transportation Electrification /
Edison Energy LLC (DBA in Europe as Altenex Energy and Alfa Energy) is a global energy and sustainability advisory firm that provides strategy and implementation services to help large corporate, industrial, and institutional clients better navigate the choices, opportunities, and risks that will emerge from the transition to a net-zero future.
As stakeholder expectations around corporate sustainability increase, Edison helps companies rise to this challenge by designing and implementing individualized strategies, projects, and programs across sustainability,
renewables, transportation electrification, energy optimization, and energy supply.
With the recent integration of Edison, Altenex, and Alfa into one global company, we bring the strength of combined expertise across energy procurement, optimization, renewables, and sustainability solutions. With advanced technological capabilities and expanded international reach, we enable our clients to achieve a more positive, measurable impact.
Edison enables organizations to deliver on their strategic, financial, and sustainability goals by addressing today’s key energy challenges: carbon, cost, complexity, and creating energy equity across communities.
Edison Energy LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX).
The Transportation Electrification Intern supports high-impact, strategic consulting projects across areas including energy, vehicle electrification, business case development, financial modeling, carbon management; environmental justice; engineering design; stakeholder engagement; project management; and climate change. The successful candidate for this job is a career-oriented professional who has shown capability through education and work experience to manage complex tasks across multiple, simultaneous workstreams. This person will work with a high-performing team and excellent mentors on dynamic, fast-paced electric vehicle projects and related sustainability consulting projects.
This position will be a Summer Internship, from June to August, 2023.
- Support the Advisory practice on market research, fleet assessments, business case development, total cost of ownership, and data visualizations.
- Support the EV Design and Delivery practice on project management, utility coordination, conceptual design, incentive applications, and stakeholder management.
- Support the Business Development practice on proposal preparation, blog posts, and contracting.
- Conduct research and database development using internal and external resources on specific trends, markets, technologies, or policies.
- Develop models and analysis of vehicle electrification scenarios, charging, and energy management.
- Deliver clear, structured, and effective client communications.
- Support clients in understanding, addressing, and improving relevant transportation electrification topics and challenges.
- Strong project management skills using digital technologies and facilitation.
- Monitor progress, manage risks, resolve issues, and regularly report to relevant stakeholders.
- Currently studying energy, sustainability, engineering, environmental science, economics, or related field
- Proficiency with MS suite of tools, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage task development and deadlines.
- Work experience in consultancy / professional services preferred.
- Demonstrated passion for transportation electrification, climate mitigation, sustainability, and clean energy.
- Results-oriented project management and organizational skills with a bias for action while managing multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
- Understanding of current EV technology, including hardware, control software, and vehicle types
- Problem-solving, analytical skills, and decision-making as an individual and part of a team
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels through establishing positive, mutually respectful, and productive working relationships.
- Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment and enhance the business in keeping with Edison’s values and culture.
NOTE: Don't meet all the requirements? Please still apply if you think you are the right person for the position. We are always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and objectives.
Edison Energy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
The Company is now requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, both for safety and business reasons. During the final stage of the interview process you will be required to disclose your COVID vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination to Human Resources. The Company will consider requests for exemptions from the vaccination requirement for medical and religious reasons, though not all such requests will necessarily be approved.
NOTE: Edison Energy Group is not the same company as Southern California Edison, the utility, and Edison Energy Group is not regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission.