Senior Portal Developer
Zagreb, HR /
Alfa Energy Group – Technology /
Alfa Energy Group (An Edison Energy Company) is a global energy advisory firm that helps large corporate, industrial, and institutional clients better navigate the choices, opportunities, and risks that will emerge from the transition to a net-zero future. As stakeholder expectations around corporate sustainability increase, Alfa, Altenex & Edison help companies rise to this challenge by designing and implementing individualized strategies, projects, and programs across sustainability, renewables, transportation electrification, energy optimization, and energy supply.
Our alliance enables organizations to deliver on their strategic, financial, and sustainability goals by addressing today’s key energy challenges: carbon, cost, complexity, and creating energy equity across communities.
Edison Energy LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX) and does business in Europe as Altenex Energy and Alfa Energy Group.
The Senior Portal developer is an experienced full-stack software developer and will work with our development team to enhance our client facing portal product. You will evaluate and recommend modifications to the client facing portal application as needed and provide application development support as per project specifications. In addition, the Senior Portal developer will work with a team of experienced analysts, developers and business resources in the ongoing support, enhancement, operations, and maintenance activities to maintain a high-performing client facing portal.
For flexibility purposes, this position can be worked from either a remote location or hybrid office setting.
- Design, develop and support the applications and programs while ensuring all components adhere to a consistent, extensible, evolving architecture which meets business requirements.
- Owns the full stack and entire lifecycle of key software applications, from the roadmap to the design/architecture to implementation and continuous iterative development and deployment.
- Lead and / or provide design input into new projects; turn informed ideas to develop successful software.
- Develop new functionality on our existing software products.
- Investigate issues that arise when coding and recommend / define solutions informed from internal consultation and external research.
- Interface closely with stakeholders to efficiently drive new products, new features, and new ways forward in the in development of complex software including issue resolution and dev-ops management.
- Customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements, underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality through knowledge sharing.
- Provide input into the technical evolution of the platform.
- Research industry trends and recommend technology that modernizes the platform.
- Work with an energetic team on a rapid, agile development schedule.
- Analyze business and technical requirements to understand what can be done or what needs to be changed.
- Utilize web technologies to develop and build out the customer facing web portal.
- Work on integration projects and data migrations to transfer data from various systems and sources.
- All other responsibilities as assigned.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Business Systems or Information Systems or related field (or equivalent work experience) a must.
- 7-10+ years of relevant work experience, including designing, configuring, testing, and implementing Dynamics D365 CRM and PowerApps.
- Strong understanding of common CRM interface touchpoints, for example Azure data warehouse, Power Apps Portal, D365 Finance and Operations, Microsoft Office365 (Outlook, tasks).
- Experience with full life cycle systems implementation methodologies.
- Working experience as a D365 CRM and PowerApps developer.
- Software industry (SaaS or other), energy or sustainability industry experience strongly desired.
- Training or certification in Microsoft technologies and applications.
- 5+ years MS PowerApps, Power Automate development.
- Strong understanding of Power Platform components, including PBI, Power Automate, Portals, etc.
- PowerApps integration with Azure Apps (API, Logic, Functions), REST services.
- Strong understanding of business processes enabled by CRM systems (sales, operations, field sales automation, customer service and delivery).
- Translate business needs/changes into successful solutions through effective project and resource management.
- Strong problem solving, process mapping and analytical skills required.
- Team orientated with the ability to work and communicate effectively with users at all levels in the organization.
- Strong (English) oral and written communication skills a must.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to meet and coordinate multiple tasks and tight deadlines.
- Ability to function as a team member.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Microsoft Dynamics (D365) CRM or PowerApps certification.
- Power Platforms / Azure Fundamentals.
- 7-10+ years’ relevant work experience.
- 1+ years of Energy/Sustainability industry experience.
- Extensive experience and certification as a D365 CRM and PowerApps Professional or Developer.
- 5+ years MS PowerApps, Power Automate development.
- Experience developing solutions that span across multiple O365 services.
- Strong understanding of customer portals and advisory service models.
- Skills in leadership, managing through influence, relationship management, and presentations.
- Agile methodology knowledge.
- Ability to work with BA, PM, other stakeholders at all levels.
- Must work well in a dynamic environment and be comfortable adapting to changing business needs.
- Strategic thinker capable of establishing a clear intent and direction.
- Strong organization and process-oriented skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a high-paced environment.
- Outstanding attention to detail while working on multiple projects with competing timelines.
- Ability to work independently on aggressive schedules and be self-motivated.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical concepts to a cross-disciplinary audience, both in writing and in presentation skills.
- Must work well in a remote team environment.
- Aptitude for analytical thinking, attentive to detail, and able to stay organized across multiple workstreams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and present effectively.
- Effectively solves problems and conflicts, thrives in collaborative environments.
Edison Energy, Altenex Energy and Alfa Energy Group is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Competitive Benefits Available