Senior Energy Engineer
Jersey City, NJ /
Edison Energy – Energy Optimization Advisory /
Edison Energy LLC (DBA in Europe as Altenex Energy and Alfa Energy) is a global energy and sustainability advisory firm that provides strategy and implementation services to help large corporate, industrial, and institutional clients better navigate the choices, opportunities, and risks that will emerge from the transition to a net-zero future.
As stakeholder expectations around corporate sustainability increase, Edison helps companies rise to this challenge by designing and implementing individualized strategies, projects, and programs across sustainability,
renewables, transportation electrification, energy optimization, and energy supply.
With the recent integration of Edison, Altenex, and Alfa into one global company, we bring the strength of combined expertise across energy procurement, optimization, renewables, and sustainability solutions. With advanced technological capabilities and expanded international reach, we enable our clients to achieve a more positive, measurable impact.
Edison enables organizations to deliver on their strategic, financial, and sustainability goals by addressing today’s key energy challenges: carbon, cost, complexity, and creating energy equity across communities.
Edison Energy LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX).
The Senior Energy Engineer at Edison Energy (EE) is an independent professional energy engineering consulting and project development company specializing in energy audits, retro-commissioning, energy procurement, design development and implementation of energy conservation projects. This includes traditional HVAC mechanical projects and renewable energy technologies such as solar and wind.
Edison Energy is accepting resumes for Senior Energy Engineers for our New York, NY, office.
The current position will be working in New York, NY. Must be open to traveling as needed for projects in New Jersey and Long Island area.
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Perform energy audits and retro-commissioning studies of various facilities including higher education, commercial, healthcare, industrial, and municipalities
- Identify energy conservation projects that include both capital and operational measures
- Identify greenhouse gas reduction opportunities
- Perform calculations of energy savings
- Prepare project implementation cost estimates
- Prepare technical reports and presentations
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Word for reporting and Microsoft Excel for energy calculations and cost estimates
- Ability to travel within the NYC Metropolitan Area including NJ, CT and Long Island regularly. Travel to customer locals out of the NY Metro area on occasion as needed.
- Must be physically able and willing to conduct site inspections and field work.
- 3+ years’ experience in conducting Energy Audits and Retro-Cx Projects.
- BS in engineering
- PE and/or CEM a plus
- Experience in conducting energy audits, retro-commissioning, condition assessments and project feasibility studies
- Experience in transition projects from studies to implementation
- Experience in building electrification, VRF and heat pump systems
- Experience in performing energy load profile analysis and the use of energy benchmarking tools
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems and facility utility systems (steam, chilled water, etc)
- Working knowledge of distributed generation and cogeneration
- Energy modeling experience is desirable but not required (DOE-2, HAP, E-Quest)
- Experience completing of NYC LL87 and LL97 related projects
- Familiar with Building Management Systems
- Familiar with Measurement and Verification methods for energy savings verification
- Regular professional, office business setting
- Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
- Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Benefits for Full-Time Employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off (includes but not limited to Paid Parental Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Sick, Vacation, etc.)
- National Holiday Pay & Float Holidays
- 401(k) Employer Matching
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer 100% Paid Life Insurance Benefits
- Employer 100% Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Plans
- Supplemental (Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits, Cancer/Critical Care, Hospitalization, Accident)
- Education tuition reimbursement program (from an accredited institution for college level and/or advance degree)
- Short Term Incentive (STI) Bonus Based on Performance Goals
Salary: $100,000 - $130,000 annually plus ESPP and Bonus, subject to experience.