Construction Field Supervisor
Washington, DC /
Edison Energy – Energy Optimization Project Development and Delivery /
Edison Energy LLC (DBA in Europe as Altenex Energy and Alfa Energy) is a global energy and sustainability advisory firm that provides strategy and implementation services to help large corporate, industrial, and institutional clients better navigate the choices, opportunities, and risks that will emerge from the transition to a net-zero future.
As stakeholder expectations around corporate sustainability increase, Edison helps companies rise to this challenge by designing and implementing individualized strategies, projects, and programs across sustainability,
renewables, transportation electrification, energy optimization, and energy supply.
With the recent integration of Edison, Altenex, and Alfa into one global company, we bring the strength of combined expertise across energy procurement, optimization, renewables, and sustainability solutions. With advanced technological capabilities and expanded international reach, we enable our clients to achieve a more positive, measurable impact.
Edison enables organizations to deliver on their strategic, financial, and sustainability goals by addressing today’s key energy challenges: carbon, cost, complexity, and creating energy equity across communities.
Edison Energy LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX).
The Construction Field Supervisor takes direct lead over the field implementation management of projects and works to implement project goals as directed by the Managing Director, Energy Optimization Project Delivery or other supervisors. This role entails the overall field management of subcontractors, vendors, craftsmen, quality control and inspection of projects from concept, to contract, through installation and turnover.
The current project will be in the Gaithersburg, MD. Must be open to traveling as needed for projects in Maryland and Washington D.C. area.
- Supervise field implementation of projects.
- Direct field activities of subcontractors including daily and weekly coordination meetings to ensure work is completed in an efficient, safe manner that complies with the construction schedule.
- Assist with preparation of look-ahead schedules.
- Ensure subcontractors submit Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) for all work. Review JHA and provide comment on JHA. Verify compliance with the JHA.
- Review/inspect field layout of subcontractors.
- Inspect work to verify compliance with the drawings and specifications.
- Create and deliver written daily reports.
- Must have basic computer skills including ability to work in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Work, and Microsoft Excel.
- Works with Edison’s Director of Environmental Health & Safety to implement Edison’s safety program on project sites.
- Works directly with the onsite project team to implement project and business unit goals.
- Oversees field work of subcontractors to ensure safe, quality and timely execution of the subcontract scope of work.
- Works with all project stakeholders, both internal and external to develop and maintain the project schedule.
- Maintains professional level of communication and association with executives at the Owner, subcontractor and equipment vendor levels.
- Problem solving to identify conflict in the scope
- Assist with the closeout effort of the projects including commissioning, training, warranties and operation and maintenance manuals.
- A high-school degree.
- 10 years of proven successful construction supervisory experience including experience managing and coordinating subcontractors.
- OSHA 30 safety training (Can be obtained once employed).
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively to ensure successful project execution.
- Working knowledge of general project management processes.
- Skills with Microsoft Office.
- High level written communication skills and proven ability to generate and deliver written reports and various forms of written project information.
- Regular professional, office business setting
- Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
- Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if no construction worksite)
Benefits for Full-Time Employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off (includes but not limited to Paid Parental Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Sick, Vacation, etc.)
- National Holiday Pay & Float Holidays
- 401(k) Employer Matching
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer 100% Paid Life Insurance Benefits
- Employer 100% Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Supplemental (Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits, Cancer/Critical Care, Hospitalization, Accident)
- Parent Company ESPP
- Education tuition reimbursement program (from an accredited institution for college level and/or advance degree)
- Short Term Incentive (STI) Bonus Based on Performance Goals
Edison Energy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
The Company is now requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, both for safety and business reasons. During the final stage of the interview process you will be required to disclose your COVID vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination to Human Resources. The Company will consider requests for exemptions from the vaccination requirement for medical and religious reasons, though not all such requests will necessarily be approved.
NOTE: Edison Energy Group is not the same company as Southern California Edison, the utility, and Edison Energy Group is not regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission.