Quantitative Energy Analyst
Altenex Energy – Energy Advisory - Europe /
Altenex Energy, a subsidiary of U.S. company Edison Energy, is an independent advisor for commercial, industrial, and institutional energy users, delivering data-driven and integrated energy solutions in Europe. This includes providing comprehensive renewable energy advisory and procurement services focused on analyzing and mitigating risk, while improving sustainability within each client’s energy portfolio.
Empowering organizations to manage the key challenges of cost, carbon, and complex choices, the Altenex team helps clients design energy and sustainability strategies, find the optimal renewable energy projects and products, structure contract terms that minimize risk, and manage growing renewables portfolios in unison with traditional power supply.
Altenex Energy and Edison Energy are wholly owned subsidiaries of Edison International (NYSE: EIX).
For more information, please visit www.altenexenergy.com
The quantitative energy analyst will provide insight and expert analysis of electricity markets across Europe. The Market Fundamentals and Analysis team provides market insights, price forecasts, and PPA cash flow evaluations to support client engagements. This role will help enhance the company’s electricity market modeling capabilities and integrate the modeling process into the company’s broader analytical process. It offers the great opportunity to broaden your economic and engineering background working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Assist in the build out of in-house electricity market models for specific European markets;
- Develop tools for automating model updates and improving model integration with other in-house analytics tools;
- Collaborate closely with other teams to ensure streamlined client support and appropriate data warehousing;
- Articulate and explain market model inputs/outputs to stakeholders with market analysis, modeling, & assessments of market impacts;
- Monitor market developments and provide analysis of critical changes;
- Build knowledge base of European power industry structures, policies, regulations, and market fundamentals;
- Track recent trends in conventional generation, renewables, energy storage, distributed generation, and transmission development through research and attending conferences;
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s in engineering, mathematics, or a related quantitative field;
- High level of quantitative & analytical skills with 0-2 years of relevant work experience in: quantitative energy analysis, electricity market modeling, and/or consulting;
- Ability to translate model outputs and articulate impact of results on client decisions;
- Experience using one or more scientific programming languages such as Python, R, or MATLAB;
- Familiarity with PowerBI or Tableau for data analysis, visualization, and dashboard development;
- Proficiency in Excel;