Manager, Clean Energy Investments & Advisory
Boston, MA /
Edison Energy – Energy Supply Advisory - Renewables US /
Edison Energy LLC (DBA in Europe as Altenex Energy and Alfa Energy) is a global energy and sustainability advisory firm that provides strategy and implementation services to help large corporate, industrial, and institutional clients better navigate the choices, opportunities, and risks that will emerge from the transition to a net-zero future.
As stakeholder expectations around corporate sustainability increase, Edison helps companies rise to this challenge by designing and implementing individualized strategies, projects, and programs across sustainability,
renewables, transportation electrification, energy optimization, and energy supply.
With the recent integration of Edison, Altenex, and Alfa into one global company, we bring the strength of combined expertise across energy procurement, optimization, renewables, and sustainability solutions. With advanced technological capabilities and expanded international reach, we enable our clients to achieve a more positive, measurable impact.
Edison enables organizations to deliver on their strategic, financial, and sustainability goals by addressing today’s key energy challenges: carbon, cost, complexity, and creating energy equity across communities.
Edison Energy LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX).
The Clean Energy team is responsible for advising clients (many of the Fortune 50 companies) on renewable investments and renewable energy procurements. This position serves as an extension of the client’s internal team, aiding in strategy setting, education, investment due diligence, renewable energy procurements, risk analysis and deal approval support.
This position will support our United States (U.S.) clean energy investments advisory practice, helping clients form an investment strategy, evaluate options, performing detailed project due diligence on solar and wind farms, and providing commercial deal support for direct investment structures, project and developer acquisitions, and loan facilities. This role will also support clients seeking to procure renewable power in the U.S. by providing education around renewables and energy markets, setting procurement strategies, sourcing renewable offtake, and obtaining internal deal approval.
The Clean Energy Investments & Advisory Manager is responsible for delivering high-quality advisory service to clients, maintaining relationships with key renewable developers and clients, and leading important initiatives for the Edison clean energy team.
Job Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage client relationships by delivering high quality, timely and value-added services.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on U.S. renewable energy development, risks, benefits, and costs.
- Vet renewable projects for acquisitions and investments, including detailed project due diligence (evaluating permits, lease agreements, project timelines, interconnection studies, contractual milestones, development costs, etc).
- Prepare diligence reports, Q&A logs, and summaries of findings for client review.
- Lead due diligence discussions between investors (clients) and developers.
- Prepare and present polished findings, strategies, deal opportunities, and educational collateral to client stakeholders
- Lead client-facing meetings, often with senior executives, and create high-quality materials to accompany meetings
- Evaluate U.S. renewable projects, market price forecasts, client electricity load information, and electricity market dynamics to deliver recommendations to clients and identify key risks to be mitigated
- Manage engagement scopes and timelines, coordinating with internal and external teams to support client work
- Manage relationships with key developer contacts.
- 4-8 years of renewables experience at any of the following, serving U.S. markets: renewable developer, consulting firm focusing on renewables investments, utility or retailer, private equity, bank, or other investment firm focused on renewable investment or financing.
- Detailed understanding of renewable project development process in the U.S.
- Ability to understand renewables contracts, such as power and asset purchase agreements
- Comprehensive understanding of U.S. wholesale and retail energy markets, renewable energy development and financing, and corporate energy procurement strategies
- Must be a strong communicator, both in writing and in presentation skills, as the role involves significant senior level client interaction
- Must possess strong analytical skills to understand energy market fundamentals and translate data into commercial strategies and advice for clients
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple client engagements
- Regular professional, office business setting
- Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
- Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Benefits for Full-Time Employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off (includes but not limited to Paid Parental Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Sick, Vacation, etc.)
- National Holiday Pay & Float Holidays
- 401(k) Employer Matching
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer 100% Paid Life Insurance Benefits
- Employer 100% Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Plans
- Supplemental (Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits, Cancer/Critical Care, Hospitalization, Accident)
- Education tuition reimbursement program (from an accredited institution for college level and/or advance degree)
- Recognition of Hard Work and Exemplary Performance
- Short Term Incentive (STI) Bonus Based on Performance Goals
Salary Range Transparency:
US Remote: $130,000-$150,000 USD annually
The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $130,000-$150,000 USD annually for Colorado, Washington, and New York City residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data.
Salary range represents the low and high end of Edison Energy's salary range for our Manager, Clean Energy Investments & Advisory position. Salaries vary depending on factors including location and experience. Salary is one part of Edison Energy's Total Compensation Package.