Senior Cloud/DevOps Engineer
Remote, Mexico /
Edison Energy – Technology /
Edison Energy LLC (DBA in Europe as Altenex Energy and Alfa Energy) is a global energy and sustainability advisory firm that provides strategy and implementation services to help large corporate, industrial, and institutional clients better navigate the choices, opportunities, and risks that will emerge from the transition to a net-zero future.
As stakeholder expectations around corporate sustainability increase, Edison helps companies rise to this challenge by designing and implementing individualized strategies, projects, and programs across sustainability,
renewables, transportation electrification, energy optimization, and energy supply.
With the recent integration of Edison, Altenex, and Alfa into one global company, we bring the strength of combined expertise across energy procurement, optimization, renewables, and sustainability solutions. With advanced technological capabilities and expanded international reach, we enable our clients to achieve a more positive, measurable impact.
Edison enables organizations to deliver on their strategic, financial, and sustainability goals by addressing today’s key energy challenges: carbon, cost, complexity, and creating energy equity across communities.
Edison Energy LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX).
The Senior Cloud DevOps (Development & Operations) Engineer professional supports our ever evolving and maturing IT organization. In this position, you will manage our application operations projects and processes. Attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and a solid knowledge base are essential. This role will help optimize our IT applications and project strategy.
- Work collaboratively with business stakeholders and fellow technology team members to Manage application operations and application infrastructure dependencies.
- Promote the benefits of DevOps by identifying and quantifying the business benefits that come from the greater agility DevOps delivers.
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations.
- Plays the role of an advocate and promotes knowledge sharing and DevOps culture across the entire corporation. Keeps up with industry best practices, trends, and standards and identifies automation opportunities, designs, and develops automation solutions that improve DevOps operations and efficiency.
- Become a change agent:
- Ensure buy-in from development and operational teams.
- Identifies the key roles to support DevOps delivery methods and makes sure IT professionals are trained and empowered to make those changes.
- Work collaboratively with the business (Service Lines, Products) and IT to drive technology and culture changes where it is ok to fail, fail fast, learn from it, and improve.
- Make key decisions on the automation processes and tools.
- Work directly with the infrastructure, IT, and business teams, and to test system integrity.
- Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management.
- Test implemented designs.
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning.
- Handle code deployments in all environments.
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve.
- Brainstorm for innovative ideas and ways to improvement development delivery.
- Consult with various teams and peers for feedback during testing stages.
- Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards.
- Maintain day-to-day management and administration of projects.
- Manage DevOps tools with team.
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes.
- Improve infrastructure development and application development.
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by company.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- 3+ years managing transition between project planning and software deployment.
- 5+ extensive experience in DevOps and Cloud engineering.
- 3+ optimizing and enhancing software performance.
- 3+ years designing automated module deployments.
- Cybersecurity training.
- Agile workflow and product team operations and methodologies (Scrum/Kanban/SAFe).
- Knowledge of IT security regulations and standards (ISO 27001), ITIL processes.
- Understanding of (or previously implemented) DevSecOps methodologies.
- Skills in leadership, managing through influence, relationship management, and presentations.
- Ability to work with BA, PM, other stakeholders at all levels.
- Stay abreast of latest industry trends and able to articulate trends and potential.
- Proficiency in English Language
- Must work well in a dynamic environment and be comfortable adapting to changing business needs.
- Strategic thinker capable of establishing a clear intent and direction.
- Strong organization and process-oriented skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a high-paced environment.
- Outstanding attention to detail while working on multiple projects with competing timelines.
- Ability to work independently on aggressive schedules and be self-motivated.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical concepts to a cross-disciplinary audience, both in writing and in presentation skills.
- Must work well in a remote team environment.
- Aptitude for analytical thinking, attentive to detail, and able to stay organized across multiple workstreams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and present effectively.
- Effectively solves problems and conflicts, thrives in collaborative environments.
Edison Energy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
NOTE: Edison Energy Group is not the same company as Southern California Edison, the utility, and Edison Energy Group is not regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission.
Competitive Benefits Available