Sr. Product Manager, Technical
Brooklyn, NY /
ēdn is seeking a Senior Product Manager with a strong technical background to work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to develop and bring to market innovative technologies for growing plants in the Smart Home. In this role, you will form a deep understanding of our customers and technology—including hardware, firmware, and software—to drive product roadmaps, communicate product vision and strategy with executive stakeholders, and test new products with customers.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (e.g., Hardware, Firmware, Software, Customer Support, Marketing, Logistics, and Manufacturing) to successfully develop, communicate, and execute the product vision and strategy for a complex suite of IoT products
- Understand customer needs and gather product requirements in order to capitalize on new market opportunities and enhance existing product offerings
- Participate in strategic planning and help define how we measure the impact of our work; continuously improving our culture of making and meeting commitments to ourselves and our customers
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative user research—presenting results to executive stakeholders and formalizing findings into product roadmaps and actionable requirements
- Identify dependencies between teams and work collaboratively with all stakeholders to remove impediments from product inception to maintenance
- Streamline processes for internal and external teams by identifying solutions to complex problems and helping the business prioritize tasks and projects
- Maintain a culture of entrepreneurship in the product organization by wearing multiple hats and having a strong bias for action
- 5+ years of experience managing technical products
- 3+ years of experience in hardware
- Background in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Industrial Engineering
- Previous experience leading the development process for an IoT product from design through launch and long term support
- Previous experience as a Project or Product Manager for a consumer IoT device
- Experience with Engineering, Design, and Production validation test stages
- Knowledge of Agile Project Management, Software Engineering, and UI/UX Design
- Ability to present data-driven product insights using analytics (e.g., BI tools, SQL, etc.)
You will be working with a diverse group of talented, motivated, and intensely focused co-workers. The ideal candidate will have a keen focus on determining what to build and why we’re building it.
ēdn is an innovative consumer tech company set out to reinvent the way people experience nature through plants. Our software-powered growing platform enables and empowers anyone to grow a variety of plants indoors. We are a consumer focused product company that leverages custom software, mobile applications, sustainably designed hardware, and a continually growing variety of plants to create a better future where plants and nature are integrated into our everyday lives.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.