Accounts Receivable Manager or Account Receivable Supervisor (Remote in Philippines)
Manila, National Capital Region, Philippines
Finance – Finance /
Have you always wanted to put your passion for education to use on the job? Would you like to work with an incredible team making an impact on learning around the world? If you answered yes, we can't wait to meet you!
We’re looking for our next Accounts Receivable Manager or Lead Account Receivable Accountant to join the Finance Team in the Philippines. And just who are we? Edpuzzle is a leading edtech company with offices in San Francisco and Barcelona and nearly 10 years of history helping teachers find and create exciting, interactive video lessons. Over 80% of U.S. schools and millions of teachers and students in 190+ countries around the world are already using Edpuzzle to make education more equitable and engaging.
About the role:
We are currently looking for an experienced Accountant to join our Finance team. To succeed, you will need to be a master of organization with strong attention to detail to achieve a month-end close deadline. Your drive to exceed performance expectations will contribute to efficiency and reduction of the month-end close cycle.
Wondering what it’s like to work at Edpuzzle?
Picture a place where you can connect with your teammates, whether remotely or in person, whenever you need support. A place where one day you're helping shape one of the biggest edtech platforms in the world, and the next day you're doing a teambuilding activity with your coworkers. A place where everyone has been selected because they're the best at what they do, and where your manager and team trust your decisions fully. A place where you're encouraged to learn and grow because education is the cornerstone of everything we do. Check out the job details below to see if Edpuzzle could be the right fit for you!
About the job:
- Generate and analyze accounts receivable reports.
- Provide regular updates on receivables performance
- Manage and train Accounts Receivable team
- Invoicing, payment applications and collection
- Process improvement
- Meet accounts receivable operational standards
- Meet production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards
- Resolve problems
- Identify and implement system and process improvements
- Collect accounts by contacting customers
- Investigate circumstances of non-payment
- Resolve conflicts and disputes
- Ensure accuracy of data in accounting system and salesforce.com
- Manage customer payment inquiries and ensure timely responses via email or Zendesk
- Lead month-end close process (Accounts Receivable)
- Available to work during U.S.A. Pacific Time Zone business hours of 8am - 5pm
- Strong time and people management skills
- Experience in writing and implementing SOP and policies
- Computer literacy is essential including but not limited to MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Time and process management, including the ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous deadlines, set priorities, and work under pressure
- Working knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls, and accounting policies
- Ability to follow accounting standard, company policies, and procedures
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, balance workload independently, and meet deadlines
- Must be a dependable team player with a positive attitude
- Must have high-speed internet connection
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in accounting and minimum of 2 years of experience as an accounts receivable leader
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Prior experience with QuickBooks accounting system and Salesforce
- Experience in SaaS or an edtech company
- Experience working with remote teams
- International company experience
- US company experience
- Extremely deadline driven and exceptional ability to deliver results on time
What’s it like to work remotely?
- Work from the comfort of your own home
- Meet with your manager and team via video calls on Google Meet or Slack
- Connect with coworkers via Slack (with channels for work and for fun!)
- To enjoy our remote work policy, you’ll need high-speed internet access
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and a yearly salary review based on performance
- Private health insurance policy
- 24 paid holidays plus December 24th and 31st
- Incredible opportunity to grow, learn, and build lifetime bonds with other passionate people
Edpuzzle is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Edpuzzle makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
References from previous employers will be requested from candidates during the selection process. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to hearing from you!