Senior Accountant (Remote in Philippines)
Manila, National Capital Region, Philippines
Finance – Finance /
Have you always wanted to put your passion for education to use on the job? Would you like to work with an incredible team making an impact on learning around the world? If you answered yes, we can't wait to meet you!
We’re looking for our next Senior Accountant to join the Finance Team in the Philippines. And just who are we? Edpuzzle is a leading edtech company with offices in San Francisco and Barcelona and nearly 10 years of history helping teachers find and create exciting, interactive video lessons. Over 80% of U.S. schools and millions of teachers and students in 190+ countries around the world are already using Edpuzzle to make education more equitable and engaging.
About the role:
We are currently looking for an experienced Accountant to join our Finance team. To succeed, you will need to be a master of organization with strong attention to detail to achieve a month-end close deadline. Your drive to exceed performance expectations will contribute to efficiency and reduction of the month-end close cycle.
Wondering what it’s like to work at Edpuzzle?
Picture a place where you can connect with your teammates, whether remotely or in person, whenever you need support. A place where one day you're helping shape one of the biggest edtech platforms in the world, and the next day you're doing a teambuilding activity with your coworkers. A place where everyone has been selected because they're the best at what they do, and where your manager and team trust your decisions fully. A place where you're encouraged to learn and grow because education is the cornerstone of everything we do. Check out the job details below to see if Edpuzzle could be the right fit for you!
- Review revenue transactions and documents and help research the revenue recognition treatment in accordance with ASC 606
- Perform the monthly and quarterly revenue close process including timely completion of close package, analysis, and reviews
- Prepare journal entries and monthly reconciliations for revenue, deferred revenue accounts on a worldwide basis
- Participate in the year-end revenue audit process and partner effectively with internal/external auditors
- Assist on special projects as needed
- Help maintain system of internal controls, procedures, and policies. Help maintain comprehensive documentation including technical memos/whitepapers to support revenue accounting positions and conclusions
- Assist with execution of revenue system integrations including product mappings, user acceptance testing and data migration
- Help identify and participate in opportunities for the design, documentation, and implementation of technology-driven process improvements to support the Company’s growing operations
- Collaborate with the FP&A team to support monthly and quarterly reporting / flux analyses for multiple revenue streams
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the management
- Prepare monthly journal entries, reconciliations, income statements, and balance sheet fluxes
- Ensure reconciliation documentation is clear and up to date
- Review operating expense accounts for accuracy and provides proactive analysis to identify issues
- Review balance sheet account reconciliations and identify expense accruals
- Support audit engagements, including providing supporting documentation
- Develop optimal procedures and best practices. Identify process and control improvement opportunities and work with management and peers to implement appropriate changes
- Lead and contribute to the implementation of new or enhancements of current accounting systems, programs, and procedures
- Communicate issues and resolutions to management and affected areas/departments
- Coordinate solutions to problems of moderate complexity with other departments and business units
- Provide training for systems processes and procedures for accounting team members
- Maintain a solid understanding of accounting policies and stay current on changes in GAAP
- Cross-train with other team members to ensure coverage of all accounting areas
- Maintain up-to-date process documentation and procedures as assigned
- Support ad hoc financial information requests and analyses and other special projects as assigned
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the management
- Strong time and people management skills
- Experience in writing and implementing SOP and policies
- Computer literacy is essential including but not limited to MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Time and process management, including the ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous deadlines, set priorities, and work under pressure
- Working knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls, and accounting policies
- Ability to follow accounting standard, company policies, and procedures
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, balance workload independently, and meet deadlines
- Must be a dependable team player with a positive attitude
- Must have high-speed internet connection
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in accounting and minimum of 2 years of experience as an accounts receivable leader
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Prior experience with QuickBooks accounting system and Salesforce
- Experience in SaaS or an edtech company
- Experience working with remote teams
- Extremely deadline driven and exceptional ability to deliver results on time
What’s it like to work remotely?
- Work from the comfort of your own home
- Meet with your manager and team via video calls on Google Meet or Slack
- Connect with coworkers via Slack (with channels for work and for fun!)
- To enjoy our remote work policy, you’ll need high-speed internet access
What we offer
- Competitive salary and a yearly salary review based on performance
- Private health insurance policy
- 24 paid holidays plus December 24th and 31st
- Incredible opportunity to grow, learn, and build lifetime bonds with other passionate people
Edpuzzle is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Edpuzzle makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
References from previous employers will be requested from candidates during the selection process. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to hearing from you!