Accounting Manager (Remote in Philippines)
Manila, National Capital Region, Philippines
Finance – Finance /
Have you always wanted to put your passion for education to use on the job? Would you like to work with an incredible team making an impact on learning around the world? If you answered yes, we can't wait to meet you!
And just who are we? Edpuzzle is a leading edtech company with offices in San Francisco and Barcelona and nearly 10 years of history helping teachers find and create exciting, interactive video lessons. Over 80% of U.S. schools and millions of teachers and students in 190+ countries around the world are already using Edpuzzle to make education more equitable and engaging.
About the role:
We’re looking for our next Accounting Manager to join the Finance Team in Philippines. You'll be reporting directly to our Head of Finance.
Wondering what it’s like to work at Edpuzzle?
Picture a place where you can connect with your teammates, whether remotely or in person, whenever you need support. A place where one day you're helping shape one of the biggest edtech platforms in the world, and the next day you're doing a teambuilding activity with your coworkers. A place where everyone has been selected because they're the best at what they do, and where your manager and team trust your decisions fully. A place where you're encouraged to learn and grow because education is the cornerstone of everything we do. Check out the job details below to see if Edpuzzle could be the right fit for you!
About the job:
- Manage Accounts Payable and the GL accounting team
- Manage timely month-end close
- Ensure timely and accurate financial statement preparations in accordance with US GAAP
- Prepare journal entries in the following areas: revenue, accrued expenses, payroll, fixed asset and depreciation, internally developed software
- Approve journal entries prepared by other accountants
- Perform, or review and approve, revenue recognition analysis prepared by other accountants
- Prepare, or review and approve, balance sheet reconciliation prepared by other accountants
- Review and approve Purchase Requisitions that are submitted by Accounts Payable AccountantsDevelop and implement accounting policies and procedures
- Participate and lead new system implementation
- Support the external audit process
- Assist in tax preparation and filing
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in GL accounting (US company experience is preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in accountancy and CPA license
- Working knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and accounting policies
- Experience supporting a finance executive such as a controller, VP of Finance, Head of Finance or CFO
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Outlook and ExcelHighly organized and strong attention to detail
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to explain complex accounting matters to a non-finance audience
- Ability to follow accounting standards and company policies and procedures
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, balance workload independently, and meet deadlines
- Must be a dependable team player with a positive attitude
- Prior experience with QuickBooks accounting system and Salesforce
- Experience in SaaS or an edtech company
- Experience working with remote teams
What’s it like to work remotely?
- Work from the comfort of your own home.
- Meet with your manager and team via video calls on Google Meet or Slack.
- Connect with coworkers via Slack (with channels for work and for fun!).
- To enjoy our remote work policy, you’ll need high-speed internet access.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and a yearly salary review based on performance
- Private health insurance policy
- 24 paid holidays plus December 24th and 31st
- Incredible opportunity to grow, learn, and build lifetime bonds with other passionate people
Edpuzzle is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Edpuzzle makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
References from previous employers will be requested from candidates during the selection process. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to hearing from you!