Senior Software Engineer (Remote in Spain)
Barcelona, Cataluña, España
Engineering – Engineering /
Have you always wanted to put your passion for education to use on the job? Would you like to work with an incredible team making an impact on learning around the world? If you answered yes, we can't wait to meet you!
And just who are we? Edpuzzle is a leading edtech company with offices in San Francisco and Barcelona and nearly 10 years of history helping teachers find and create exciting, interactive video lessons. Over 80% of U.S. schools and millions of teachers and students in 190+ countries around the world are already using Edpuzzle to make education more equitable and engaging.
About the role:
We’re looking for our next Senior Software Engineer to join the Engineering Team in Spain. The right person will help us create the best possible product for teachers and empower them to engage their students with videos. Our Engineering Team is composed of Full Stack Software Engineers with different levels of seniority. This allows us to learn from each other and get to know our product in-depth, end to end, with continuous deployments twice per day, and collaborate on scalable projects to achieve challenging goals together!
You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to our product and our team development, be a part of diverse projects, and stay up to date with the latest software technologies. In the process, you’ll be challenged daily, learn constantly, see the impact of your opinions and work, and grow as a Software Engineer.
What technologies will you find?
Technically speaking, we use React and Redux for our frontend and Node, Express, and MongoDB in the backend. We work with testing, hexagonal architecture, DDD, CI/CD, and deploy every day making sure we never compromise on code quality and reliability. We’re fully hosted on AWS which we also use to store, encode and stream our own pool of videos.
Wondering what it’s like to work at Edpuzzle?
Picture a place where you can connect with your teammates, whether remotely or in person, whenever you need support. A place where one day you're helping shape one of the biggest edtech platforms in the world, and the next day you're doing a teambuilding activity with your coworkers. A place where everyone has been selected because they're the best at what they do, and where your manager and team trust your decisions fully. A place where you're encouraged to learn and grow because education is the cornerstone of everything we do. Check out the job details below to see if Edpuzzle could be the right fit for you!
- 6 years or more of experience in front-end, back-end, or full-stack development
- An open-minded attitude with technologies and development
- Experience with at least one frontend framework (React, Vue, Svelte, etc.) and with high-traffic backend systems in any language
- You have experience managing projects with autonomy
- You have experience proposing technical solutions and making architectonic decisions
- You have experience leading and mentoring more junior colleagues
- You are excited by the opportunity of working in education
- You make all your technology decisions with the final user in mind
- You love learning and mastering technologies
- You have an excellent ability to communicate your ideas, regardless of the audience
- You feel comfortable communicating in English within an international and multicultural team
- You are based in Spain and have a work permit to work in Spain
- Messaging systems like RabbitMQ, SQS, etc
- Cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, Google App Engine, etc
- … or another amazing skill you bring to the table that we haven’t thought of yet!
What’s it like to work remotely?
- Work from the comfort of your own home
- Use the Edpuzzle office as much or as little as you like
- Meet with your manager and team via video calls on Google Meet or Slack
- Connect with coworkers via Slack (with channels for work and for fun!)
- To enjoy our remote work policy, you’ll need high-speed internet access
What we offer:
- Competitive salary (63K – 73K) and a yearly salary review based on performance
- Free private health insurance policy with AXA
- €2000 annually for meals
- Flexible remuneration for childcare and transportation
- Training and development (CodelyTV, etc.), we love keeping ourselves updated!
- 24 paid holidays plus December 24th and 31st
- Flexible working hours and reduced working time on Fridays
- Remote-friendly: Feel free to work 100% remotely or use the Barcelona office whenever you want, for the best of both worlds!
- Free coffee, snacks, and drinks in the Barcelona office
- Teambuilding events during working hours
- Incredible opportunity to grow, learn, and build lifetime bonds with other passionate people
Edpuzzle is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Edpuzzle makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
References from previous employers will be requested from candidates during the selection process. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to hearing from you!