Customer Support Agent
Customer Support – Customer Support /
Have you always wanted to put your passion for education to use on the job? Would you like to be part of a Customer Support team where you’re really making a difference? If you answered yes, we can’t wait to meet you!
We're looking for a Customer Support Agent to join the US-based team at Edpuzzle, a leading edtech company trusted by over 80% of schools in the USA and millions of teachers and students across the globe, with offices in San Francisco and Barcelona. The Customer Support Agent will respond to all customer support tickets as well as host video calls with compassion and clarity to create an incredible customer experience, all with the end goal of providing teachers and users with the best possible online support.
Wondering what it’s like to work at Edpuzzle?
Picture a place where you can connect with your teammates, whether remotely or in person, whenever you need support. A place where one day you're helping shape one of the biggest edtech platforms in the world, and the next day you're doing a teambuilding activity with your coworkers. A place where everyone has been selected because they're the best at what they do, and where your manager and team trust your decisions fully. A place where you're encouraged to learn and grow because education is the cornerstone of everything we do. Check out the job details below to see if Edpuzzle could be the right fit for you!
What you'll do
- Become an Edpuzzle expert
- Handle cases daily and respond in a timely manner via Zendesk
- Host video calls to assist with teacher trainings or troubleshooting
- Work with the aim of getting your inbox down to 0 at the end of the day
- Maintain a consistent message in alignment with the Edpuzzle brand
- Improve the quality of your responses, support resources (macros and help center articles), and overall user experience based on data
- Identify trends to suggest potential macros (customer support email templates) or articles for the Help Center
- Anticipate and reduce potential future cases
- Meet virtually with your manager to set tasks and goals
- Attend weekly team meetings
- Use Asana and Slack to manage tasks and communicate with the rest of the team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Email, phone, and video chat skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strategic thinker: you’re unafraid to use data to problem-solve and inform your decisions
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Flexible and willing to adapt quickly
- Unintimidated by new technology and a fast learner
- Bold - Go forward with confidence
- You always move forward with confidence without dwelling too much on prior mistakes or over-celebrating prior successes.
- Avid learner - Stay curious
- You stay curious and explore new ideas. You are proactive and enjoy adding "new tools'' to your skills and knowledge.
- Dedicated - Love what you do
- You are enthusiastic and love what you do as well as you are uncomfortable staying too long in your comfort zone.
- Good-natured - Treat others with respect
- You treat others respectfully, equally, and fairly. Your morals and ethics do not bend while being able to adapt to different situations.
- Edpuzzler - Two brains think better than one
- You know that two brains think better than one and take advantage of that to solve common goals. You solve issues together and celebrate together.
- Resourceful - Attack the problem from a new angle
- You are resourceful and you find creative solutions no matter what the constraints are, even if you have to invent a solution from scratch by your own initiative.
Education and experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least two years of related experience required
- At least one year of Zendesk experience required
- Expert experience using Zendesk or other CS tools
- Experience with macros and Help Center articles
About remote positions
- High-speed internet connection required.
- Full-time position
- 40 hours per week
- Work remotely from the comfort of your own home or chosen workspace.
- Receive guidance from your manager and ask all the questions you need.
- Meet with your manager on a weekly basis to review status and brainstorm new projects to accomplish goals.
- Set daily tasks with your manager initially, over time becoming more autonomous and proactive in proposing new ideas to reach goals.
- Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Washington.
Hiring for remote work in these states:
What we offer
- Competitive salary at $40,600 - $50,700
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible PTO
- 14 paid holidays
- MacBook, monitor, and flexible work-from-home setup
- Incredible opportunity to grow, learn & build lifetime bonds with other passionate people
Edpuzzle is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Edpuzzle makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
References from previous employers will be requested from candidates during the selection process. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to hearing from you!