San Francisco, CA
EducationSuperHighway is the leading non-profit focused on upgrading the Internet access in every public school classroom in America. We believe that digital learning has the potential to provide all students with equal access to educational opportunity and that every school requires high-speed broadband to make that opportunity a reality.
We accelerate broadband upgrades in America’s K-12 schools with data-driven programs and tools. In partnership with governors and state agencies, we work with school districts to get fiber to schools that need it, to ensure classrooms have robust Wi-Fi, and to make broadband more affordable. Our work served as a catalyst for modernization of the Federal Communications Commission’s $3.9 billion E-rate program, and spurred commitment from 42 governors to upgrade their schools. As a result, 30 million more students gained access to high-speed broadband in the past three years.
EducationSuperHighway is funded by national foundations including the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and our mission is supported by America’s leading CEOs.
Our District team focuses on the heart of our mission: upgrading the Internet infrastructure of school districts so that students can take advantage of the promise of digital learning. This team will be focused on connecting districts to scalable and affordable connectivity. The District team works closely with school districts to identify, champion, and implement high-speed broadband solutions for schools across the country. The team will also use technical and procurement expertise to make recommendations to school districts, and collaborate across the organization to ensure that what we learn on the ground informs our policy recommendations and program strategy and priorities.
As a District Consultant, you will play a central role on our project teams. You will partner with school districts as well as service providers, acting as the point person representing EducationSuperHighway. For school districts, you will be a trusted advisor, guiding them through the process of procuring high-speed affordable broadband services. For service providers, you will be an ally and a resource, ensuring that they are aware of - and act on - opportunities to grow their business. Whilst much of your role will be proactively supporting external stakeholders, you will also be involved in maximizing the efficiency of our internal processes to ensure that we can help as many schools and students as possible. Your strong consulting and project management skills and highly collaborative work style will ensure our success in achieving our ambitious goals. You know that good project management requires conscious communication and attention to detail. You rely on data to help you tell a story and excel at detailed research as a way to help all parties understand best how to move forward. You love what you do because you know that you are making it possible for all students in America to access digital learning.
What You Will Do:
- Lead, educate, and persuade external partners during change implementation
- Work closely with district contacts, understanding each district’s current situation and goals, and providing updates throughout all phases of the project
- Identify key players in the national and local service provider landscape and lead outreach efforts to spur providers into action
- Keep your finger on the pulse of state, district, and service provider workstreams to ensure accurate tracking and timely completion of tasks and subtasks
- Identify key risks that could cause project delays, and proactively manage those risks, escalating concerns when necessary
- Using established best practices, perform primary and secondary research to create a solution for getting districts upgraded, including identifying vendors, and locating funding sources
- Support the team with activities related to special projects that will help scale the district program through 2020 (e.g. supporting policy analysis, designing and implementing efficiency improvements to program processes etc.)
Build Trust and Drive Change:
Manage Upgrade Projects for Districts in Need:
Support Scaling of the Program
- 2-3 years project management or consulting experience
- Track record of successfully managing external projects; ideally with a demonstrated history of working on technology-based projects or in K-12 education
- Minimum of one year in a client facing role
- Excellent interpersonal skills in-person and via phone; natural ability to connect with others and forge relationships
- Strong prioritization, organization, and attention to detail
- Experience using data and analyses to drive change for an external audience
- Experienced with PowerPoint and Excel
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- A faith in the potential of the public education system and the power of technology to transform it
- Bonus: domain knowledge, ideally in K-12, IT networking, or educational technology
Application deadline is April 30. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter detailing your interest and experience. Please note that resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. EducationSuperHighway is an Equal Opportunity Employer.