Marketing Communications Manager
San Francisco, CA
Marketing and Communications
EducationSuperHighway is the leading non-profit focused on upgrading the Internet access in every public school classroom in America. We believe that digital learning has the potential to provide all students with equal access to educational opportunity and that every school requires high-speed broadband to make that opportunity a reality.
We accelerate broadband upgrades in America’s K-12 schools with data-driven programs and tools. In partnership with governors and state agencies, we work with school districts to get fiber to schools that need it, to ensure classrooms have robust Wi-Fi, and to make broadband more affordable. Our work served as a catalyst for modernization of the Federal Communications Commission’s $3.9 billion E-rate program, and spurred commitment from 42 governors to upgrade their schools. As a result, 30 million more students gained access to high-speed broadband in the past three years.
EducationSuperHighway is funded by national foundations including the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and our mission is supported by America’s leading CEOs.
The Marketing team has two primary objectives: 1) build awareness of and drive demand for EducationSuperHighway’s programs and tools among state and school district leaders and b) promote the EducationSuperHighway brand as a credible, trusted expert on the topic of Internet in schools. The Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for developing and executing national marketing campaigns that spur action. There is also an outreach team responsible for executing campaigns to reach school district leaders within our state engagements.
The Marketing Communications Manager builds and promotes the EducationSuperHighway brand nationally. As the Marketing Communications Manager, you will own the development and management of standout national marketing campaigns that build awareness for EducationSuperHighway and motivate key audiences to act. You will draw from your experience in marketing and brand strategy to create measurable, integrated plans and roll up your sleeves to execute those plans, which rely on a variety of proven marketing tactics such as email, content, social, events, search, partnerships, etc. You will play a leading role in ensuring consistency of brand and messaging across the organization. An effective Marketing Communications Manager is eager to catalyze action that results in meaningful change for students and continually seeks new opportunities to engage our target audiences.
What You Will Do:
- Develop strategic national marketing campaigns targeted at specific audiences (e.g., state policy makers, superintendents, technology directors, etc.) to build awareness for EducationSuperHighway and motivate action.
- Coordinate and execute all elements of integrated, multi-channel national marketing campaigns (e.g., social media, PR, events, email, partnerships, digital marketing, etc.), wherever necessary drawing on resources from partners, agencies, and other sources
- Work closely with the state outreach teams to ensure consistent, aligned messaging throughout individual state marketing campaigns
- Develop the strategic “go-to-market” plan for all of our software tools
- Understand technical features of new and existing products and how those translate into tangible benefits for our audiences
- Run marketing elements of beta test programs for new or updated products
- Collaborate with product owners to craft messaging that is both technically accurate and user-focused
- Work across teams to gather user success stories and case studies to be used in national marketing campaigns
- Spearhead the development of organization-wide messaging and ensure adoption and alignment throughout the broader ESH team
- Ensure ESH platforms including our website, social media, and blog reflect current organizational priorities and deliver on marketing goals
- Elevate ESH as the expert on Internet in schools, ensure we are “part of the conversation,” and continue our role as a key player in the EdTech space through conferences, social media, partnerships, and other means
- Work closely with our graphic designer to determine brand look and feel and its various executions
Execute national marketing campaigns
Lead product marketing
Nurture and develop the brand
- Passionate about education and the potential of technology to transform it.
- 5+ years of experience managing integrated marketing campaigns covering a range of activities including: direct outreach, digital marketing, social media, search, partnerships, events, etc.
- Ability and desire to be creative both in developing concepts for marketing campaigns and in maximizing the organization’s resources to achieve results.
- Impeccable written and verbal communications skills. Capable of crafting clear, compelling marketing messages.
- Proven ability to create plans that align with the organization’s broader goals and willingness to roll up your sleeves to execute on those plans.
- Strong prioritization and project management skills.
- Experience using data to drive day-to-day decisions and long-term marketing plans.
- Experience directing and managing outside agencies.
- Experience with marketing systems including Salesforce, MailChimp, and Google Analytics required.
To apply please send a resume, a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, and a writing sample. EducationSuperHighway is an equal opportunity employer.