San Francisco, CA
EducationSuperHighway is the leading non-profit focused on upgrading the Internet access in every public school classroom in America. We believe that digital learning has the potential to provide all students with equal access to educational opportunity and that every school requires high-speed broadband to make that opportunity a reality.
We accelerate broadband upgrades in America’s K-12 schools with data-driven programs and tools. In partnership with governors and state agencies, we work with school districts to get fiber to schools that need it, to ensure classrooms have robust Wi-Fi, and to make broadband more affordable. Our work served as a catalyst for modernization of the Federal Communications Commission’s $3.9 billion E-rate program, and spurred commitment from 42 governors to upgrade their schools. As a result, 30 million more students gained access to high-speed broadband in the past three years.
EducationSuperHighway is funded by national foundations including the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and our mission is supported by America’s leading CEOs.
It’s said that variety is the spice of life, and for the Data Quality Team, variety is the name of the game. We build relationships with state and district leaders to ensure we can confidently stand behind our school connectivity figures, while simultaneously using the power of data to find the school districts that need our help the most. Standing alongside national leaders, we are advocates for data integrity, creating and implementing new ways to expand and enhance our support of all programs at EducationSuperHighway. Our team’s individual expertise is continually refined through a robust comprehensive professional development process. We get it done with urgency and professionalism, with a spirit of pride and enthusiasm that helps us succeed in our mission.
As a Business Analyst, you believe in the power of data: collecting it, analyzing it, and drawing conclusions to ensure that all decisions and actions are based on verified facts. Your strength in communication allows you to use data as a tool to inform strategic decisions and amplify impact. You will support strategic projects to improve processes and solve problems for internal cross-functional teams, school districts, state leaders, and other key K-12 stakeholders. You need to have a nose for solving problems and be comfortable working in a fast-paced results driven environment.
What You Will Do:
Be the bridge between our backend systems and analysis and front end programs: Provide the external and internal context to support data-driven solutions that drive our programs, systems, and engagements
- Effectively communicate between different external stakeholders such as state and district leaders to share common understanding of our dataset
- Collaborate and communicate effectively between different internal stakeholders such as the Marketing team, District Consultants, and State Engagement Managers to share common understanding of our dataset
- Gain a deeper understanding of our partners to generate new ideas to increase impact and identify and fill program gaps
- Translate business needs to data related technical specifications for our programs, systems, and engagements
Manage and support the use of our data: Ensure that the data we collect and verify enables the programmatic work, analysis, reporting, and policy initiatives that create scaled impact
- Determine root cause for data inconsistencies and "clean" data according to EducationSuperHighway’s taxonomy to ensure all programs are supported by high quality data
- Work with internal and external teams to establish approaches and support efforts for integrating and using data to drive upgrades
- Together with your manager, develop proactive strategies for overcoming data challenges; and lead the implementation of new methods through to completion
Support the data needs of internal cross-functional teams: Extract and visualize data to generate insights and drive solutions to solve cross-functional teams’ business issues
- Create and maintain dashboards and SQL reports for the State Engagement Team as they look to influence policy and drive programs into states
- Provide customer insights to support our outreach strategies
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to discover issues and deliver better value to our partners through expert understanding of our datasets
- 2+ years of experience using data to facilitate business decisions
- Experience using SQL to extract data
- Expertise in QA and testing of datasets using alternate techniques
- Outstanding client facing skills
- A keen eye for detail and a results driven approach
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Team player with positive and “can-do” attitude, inquisitive, self-starter, energetic and striving in a fast-moving environment.
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools, preferably Tableau
If this role is exciting to you, we would love to hear from you! To apply, please send a resume, and a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
EducationSuperHighway is an equal opportunity employer.