Associate Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA
Marketing and Communications
EducationSuperHighway is the leading non-profit focused on upgrading the Internet access in every public school classroom in America. We believe that digital learning has the potential to provide all students with equal access to educational opportunity and that every school requires high-speed broadband to make that opportunity a reality. We accelerate broadband upgrades in America’s K-12 schools with data-driven programs and tools.
In partnership with governors and state agencies, we work with school districts to get fiber to schools that need it, to ensure classrooms have robust Wi-Fi, and to make broadband more affordable. Our work served as a catalyst for modernization of the Federal Communications Commission’s $3.9 billion E-rate program, and spurred commitment from 42 governors to upgrade their schools. As a result, 30 million more students gained access to high-speed broadband in the past three years.
EducationSuperHighway is funded by national philanthropic organizations including the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and our mission is supported by America’s leading CEOs.
The Marketing team has two primary objectives: 1) build awareness of and drive demand for EducationSuperHighway programs and tools among state and school district leaders and 2) promote the EducationSuperHighway brand as a credible, trusted expert on the topic of Internet in schools. The eight-person team is responsible for national marketing efforts and developing and executing state-specific marketing campaigns, which rely heavily on building relationships and activating partner communications channels in each of our engaged states. This role is one of four Associate Marketing Managers and reports to the Marketing Manager.
Associate Marketing Managers ensure our programs and tools reach those who need them most. As an Associate Marketing Manager, you will coordinate the execution of marketing and outreach campaigns that build awareness for EducationSuperHighway and motivate school districts to participate in our programs. You will do this primarily by identifying opportunities for EducationSuperHighway to interface with our target audience and building relationships with key communication partners in each of your assigned states. Working closely with a cross-functional team and other Associate Marketing Managers, you will develop and execute a marketing and communications plan for your assigned states using a variety of proven marketing tactics. You will also be responsible for building and managing productive relationships with partners and district champions in your states.
What You Will Do:
Plan and execute state-specific marketing campaigns
- Coordinate multi-channel marketing and outreach campaigns
- Develop school district and service provider communications that motivate action (e.g. email, direct mail, social media)
- Produce creative content and impactful marketing materials (e.g. webinar decks, blogs, presentations, newsletters)
- Maintain Salesforce database and track partner districts through our customer journey
- Facilitate word-of-mouth, peer-to-peer outreach about our programs
- Identify press and PR opportunities
Build and manage district champion relationships
- Create district influencer maps and support prospecting of high-priority targets
- Identify districts that are leading the way in broadband upgrades and/or digital learning
- Cultivate positive working relationships with leading districts
- Own relationships with marketing channel partners (e.g., state associations, consortia)
- Identify in-person marketing opportunities (e.g. events, conferences and convenings)
Drive continual improvement of marketing and outreach tactics
- Track the success and impact of marketing activities
- Use marketing best practices, data and analysis to continually improve effectiveness
- Develop success stories and case studies and package into shareable content
- Ensure consistency of brand and messaging within and across states
- Contribute as a key member of cross-functional state engagement teams
- 2-3 years experience coordinating outreach or integrated marketing campaigns including: direct mail, digital marketing, social media, partnerships, events etc.
- Experience with marketing systems such as Salesforce, MailChimp and Google Analytics
- Understanding of U.S. telecoms market and business models, a plus
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thrives on collaborative, cross-functional teamwork
- Keen attention to detail
- Customer orientation and client service mindset
- Creative, eager to try new approaches to achieve results and meet goals
If this role is exciting to you, we would love to hear from you! To apply, please send a resume, and a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
EducationSuperHighway is an equal opportunity employer.