San Francisco, CA
Marketing and Communications
EducationSuperHighway is the leading non-profit focused on upgrading the Internet access in every public school classroom in America. We believe that digital learning has the potential to provide all students with equal access to educational opportunity and that every school requires high-speed broadband to make that opportunity a reality.
We accelerate broadband upgrades in America’s K-12 schools with data-driven programs and tools. In partnership with governors and state agencies, we work with school districts to get fiber to schools that need it, to ensure classrooms have robust Wi-Fi, and to make broadband more affordable. Our work served as a catalyst for modernization of the Federal Communications Commission’s $3.9 billion E-rate program, and spurred commitment from 42 governors to upgrade their schools. As a result, 30 million more students gained access to high-speed broadband in the past three years.
EducationSuperHighway is funded by national foundations including the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and our mission is supported by America’s leading CEOs.
The Marketing team has two primary objectives: 1) build awareness of and drive demand for EducationSuperHighway’s programs and tools among state and school district leaders and b) promote the EducationSuperHighway brand as a credible, trusted expert on the topic of Internet in schools. The team is made up of a marketing manager who is responsible for national marketing efforts and an outreach team that is responsible for developing and executing state-specific marketing campaigns, which rely heavily on building relationships and activating partner communications channels in each of our engaged states.
Outreach coordinators ensure our programs and tools reach those who need them most. As an outreach coordinator, you will coordinate the execution of outreach campaigns that build awareness for EducationSuperHighway and motivate school districts to participate in our programs. You will do this primarily by identifying opportunities for EducationSuperHighway to interface with our target audience and building relationships with key school districts in each of your assigned states. Working closely with a cross-functional team and the Outreach Managers, you will execute a variety of proven marketing tactics and be responsible for building and managing productive relationships with a set of school districts in your states.
What You Will Do
- Create marketing and communications materials that resonate with the target audience and motivate action
- Conduct strategic mapping of partners / influencers to our target audience
- Support tactical execution of marketing campaigns, including but not limited to email, webinars, direct mail, social media, and events
- Maintain Salesforce database and build out processes for efficient relationship management
- Identify influential districts that are leading the way in broadband upgrades and/or digital learning
- Cultivate positive working relationships with leading districts
- Collect success stories, determine strategy for packaging and circulating those stories through a variety of communications channels
- Facilitate word-of-mouth, peer-to-peer outreach about EducationSuperHighway’s programs
- Collect and report on outcomes of various marketing tactics in partner states
- Determine success rates and propose future tactics based on data and analysis
- Develop case studies that illustrate to new audiences how our programs work; use those stories to accelerate participation and buy-in
- Research new opportunities for EducationSuperHighway to interface with desired audiences such as conferences and speaking opportunities
- Contribute as a key member of cross-functional state engagement teams, which are collectively responsible for ensuring all students across the state gain access to high-speed broadband
Coordinate state-specific marketing campaigns
Build and manage school district champion relationships
Drive continual improvement of outreach efforts
- 1-3 years experience in marketing, community outreach, business development or similar role
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thrives on a collaborative, cross-functional team
- Keen attention to detail
- Customer orientation and client service mindset
- Creative, eager to try new approaches to achieve results and meet goals
- Experience with marketing systems such as Salesforce, MailChimp and Google Analytics a plus
To apply please send a resume and cover letter describing your interest and qualifications and a writing sample. Please note, EducationSuperHighway is an Equal Opportunity Employer