San Francisco, CA
Marketing and Communications
EducationSuperHighway is the leading non-profit focused on upgrading the Internet access in every public school classroom in America. We believe that digital learning has the potential to provide all students with equal access to educational opportunity and that every school requires high-speed broadband to make that opportunity a reality.
We accelerate broadband upgrades in America’s K-12 schools with data-driven programs and tools. In partnership with governors and state agencies, we work with school districts to get fiber to schools that need it, to ensure classrooms have robust Wi-Fi, and to make broadband more affordable. Our work served as a catalyst for modernization of the Federal Communications Commission’s $3.9 billion E-rate program, and spurred commitment from 42 governors to upgrade their schools. As a result, 30 million more students gained access to high-speed broadband in the past three years.
EducationSuperHighway is funded by national foundations including the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and our mission is supported by America’s leading CEOs.
The Marketing team has two primary objectives: 1) build awareness of and drive demand for EducationSuperHighway’s programs and tools among state and school district leaders and 2) promote the EducationSuperHighway brand as a credible, trusted expert on the topic of Internet in schools. The team is responsible for developing and executing state-specific marketing campaigns that spur action by school districts.
Marketing managers ensure that our programs and tools reach those who need them the most. As a Marketing Manager, you will own the development and management of state-specific marketing campaigns that build awareness for EducationSuperHighway and motivate school districts to participate in our programs. You will create strategies that rely on a variety of proven marketing tactics such as email, events, webinars, and direct mail. As a leading member of state-specific cross-functional teams, you will work with your peers to ensure that relationships with key influencers and partners are being leveraged effectively to achieve results. Overall success will be measured by the number of school districts that engage in our programs. Effective Marketing Managers are eager to catalyze action that results in meaningful change for students and continually seek new opportunities to engage our target audiences.
What You Will Do:
- Develop statewide communications strategy and plan aimed at building awareness of and engagement with our programs for school districts
- Own and manage marketing campaigns for an assigned set of partner states utilizing a variety of channels to reach school districts including email, webinars, events, etc., often in partnership with organizations or associations in the state
- Collaborate with fellow members of the marketing team and across functional teams to build and refine an effective set of replicable communications materials
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to analyze the effectiveness of our marketing tactics and optimize for future outreach
- Identify influential individuals, associations, and organizations among our target audiences at the state and school district level
- Work with key partners to coordinate communications to school districts; motivate them to conduct outreach on our behalf
- Spearhead the development and execution of a strategy to leverage school district leaders for peer-to-peer marketing, a new and important challenge for the organization
- Bring your marketing and communications expertise to bear as an integral member of cross-functional state engagement teams, which are collectively responsible for ensuring all students across the state gain access to high-speed broadband
- Define marketing objectives and desired outcomes for your assigned states, track and report out on progress to the broader organization
- Guide the work of an outreach coordinator who is responsible for supporting the operation and execution of state-specific marketing plans
Drive demand for our programs
Maximize partner relationships
Play a leadership role
- 5+ years experience in a marketing, communications, community outreach, or account management position
- Track record of successfully developing and implementing marketing plans to achieve specific objectives
- Excellent interpersonal skills in-person and via phone; natural ability to connect with others and forge relationships
- Strong influencing and motivating skills
- Customer orientation and client service mindset
- Thrives on a collaborative, cross-functional team
- Creative and eager to try new marketing approaches to achieve results and meet goals
- Strong prioritization and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with marketing systems such as Salesforce and MailChimp is a plus
To apply please send a resume and cover letter describing your interest and qualifications and a writing sample. Please note, EducationSuperHighway is an Equal Opportunity Employer