GMP Laboratory Technician
At eGenesis, we aspire to deliver safe and effective human transplantable cells, tissue and organs utilizing the latest advancements in genome editing.
The successful GMP Laboratory Technician will efficiently perform all required procedures assigned by eGenesis. This person will participate in production activities including porcine IVF, embryo handling and characterization, cell culture, and cloning. The candidate should have a strong background in embryo handling, cell culture, and IVF. This position is based in our Middleton, WI location.
- Execute laboratory activities, support research priorities, and other scientific functions (as directed) in a manner that is consistent with GMP operating procedures
- Perform day-to-day Cell Culture processes, which include cell receiving, thawing, plating, and detaching.
- Perform and assist in day-to-day work with porcine cloning and IVF
- Assist in quality control (QC) and GMP monitoring and record-keeping
- Unpack and package tissues and gametes from other GMP sites according to SOPs
- Follow SOPs and maintain highest quality of standards in performing daily laboratory duties
- Operate and maintain all equipment necessary to performing designated laboratory tasks
- Provide general support and upkeep of laboratory including cleaning and maintaining the laboratory space and equipment
- Follow GMP regulations and SOPs
- Document laboratory processes and equipment operations
- Promote and adhere to safety in workplace
- Instruct workers to follow safe work practices and enforce health and safety regulations; promote safety awareness and ensure workers are trained or certified as required; correct unsafe acts and conditions and ensure equipment is properly maintained; report and investigate all accidents/incidents; inspect own area and take remedial action to minimize or eliminate hazards; complete required training assignments, forms, and other paperwork
- Bachelor of Science in relevant area with 2+ years of relevant experience in in vitro embryo production lab in an academic or industry setting
- Knowledge and expertise in IVF, cell culture, embryo handling and characterization
- Laboratory operations experience preferred (ordering, inventory, gas tank safety and operation)
- Proficient at aseptic laboratory technique
- Basic embryo handling and evaluation abilities
- Electronic Lab Notebook experience
- Familiarity with Quality Control procedures - comfortable following SOPs and Procedures
- Comfortable maintaining and using laboratory equipment