Data Integration Analyst
Engineering and Product Management
Egen Solutions is a 2018 Best WorkPlaces in Chicago company, that makes its roots in real time data processing, analytics innovation, and application development. We build and consult on some of the most cutting edge data and software solutions with modern tech stacks for large established enterprises, scaling mid-sized enterprises, and emerging startups.
What You'll Do:
As a Data Integration Analyst, you will be responsible for investigating data issues, analyzing the scope of the issue, communicating status and impact, and owning both immediate resolution and long-term prevention of recurrence of data issues.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and a strong communicator with technical experience in SQL scripting, relational databases, data mapping, data transformations and data integration.
- Understand the flow, dependencies, provenance and service levels of our data systems to continuously improve accuracy, timeliness, and availability of data
- Manage the handoff of data ingestion streams from implementation teams to full production
- Take ownership and resolve all data issues
- Manage data providers to maintain escalation protocol, communicate inbound scorecards, and track resolution of issues
- Update mappings, transformations and validations to correct issues and keep pace with changes in inbound data
- Create and document processes to reduce operating cost and improve quality
- Conduct quality assessments and validation of end result data transfer
- Identify additional areas for integration of technology infrastructure and other IT systems
- Lead or work as a part of teams that build and support a product by identifying requirements, testing new iterations, installing and configuring applications, and adapting the process with incremental feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Relevant work experience in technology consulting and/or in a system or data analyst role
- Must have strong professional knowledge of and experience with SQL
- Must have solid understanding of ETL processes
Not required, but nice to have:
- Experience using Attunity or IBM DataStage
- Experience using Informatica and/or SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS)