Python Cloud Application Developer
Engineering and Product Management
Egen Solutions is a 2018 Best WorkPlaces in Chicago company, that makes its roots in real time data processing, analytics innovation, and application development. We build and consult on some of the most cutting edge data and software solutions with modern tech stacks for large established enterprises, scaling mid-sized enterprises, and emerging startups.
Our Python Cloud Application team tech stack is based on Python (Flask) and RESTful webservices. We typically build and deploy applications as microservices and integrate with scalable technologies such as Kafka in Docker based container environments. Our developers work in an agile process to efficiently deliver high value applications and product packages..
Location: Naperville, IL (relocation would be required, assistance provided for non-local candidates)
**Remote work is not an option at this time.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology and Management, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- 2-8+ years of professional experience delivering production ready code with Python, Flask, and RESTful API libraries
- Have experience working and strong understanding of object-oriented programing and cloud technologies
- Strong understanding and production experience of RESTful API's including unit and integration testing.
- Strong understanding of SQL databases and NoSQL databases and experience with writing abstraction layers to communicate with the databases.
- Commitment to detail...bugs wreck your sleep
Nice to have's (but not required)
- Strong understanding and production experience of microservice architecture.
- Strong understanding and production experience working with Docker container environments
- Strong understanding and production experience working with Kafka
- Cloud Environments: AWS and Azure