Engineering and Product Management
Egen Solutions is a 2018 Best WorkPlaces in Chicago company, that makes its roots in real time data processing, analytics innovation, and application development. We build and consult on some of the most cutting edge data and software solutions with modern tech stacks for large established enterprises, scaling mid-sized enterprises, and emerging startups.
As a DevOps Engineer at Egen you'll be heading up the delivery of modern infrastructure to support the business and its technical contributors as they undergo scaling this year. Your objectives will include:
• Managing an AWS infrastructure running Kubernetes along with AWS services
• Maintain all infrastructure under code
• Help support quality and reliability through management of CI/CD workflows using Jenkins X
• Continue to extend use of Helm for repeatable infrastructure environments
• Support site-reliability through participation in on-call rotations
• Support the organization's security and compliance measures with coordination of pen-testing, principle of least privilege, etc.
You will be responsible for managing the infrastructure to support the engineering team with the platforms necessary to drive the business' continued growth. You will represent the backend in coordination of new platform features through full-stack project teams. In addition, you will help to promote increased ownership of infrastructure development across the engineering team, helping to increase the thoughtfulness of infrastructure concerns in the way we develop applications. You'll collaborate with peers through pair programming, code reviews, technical talks and team-wide continuous improvement.
What we'd like to see
- 3-5 years of professional experience managing digital technologies on IaaS, preferably with experience using Docker/Kubernetes
- Experienced in writing approachable, well-encapsulated code whose intentions are clear to other contributors and well-suited for extension and change
- 1 or more years working in an on-call environment
- Knowledgeable of domain driven design patterns, SOLID principles, and the 12-factor app methodology and when they should be applied
- Stays motivated and knows how to be persistent
- Is self-directed, can work independently and make decisions autonomously at a high level
- Flexibility to handle changing responsibilities
Nice to have's
- Strong command of open source tooling including bash, vim, tmux, awk
- Experience with Mysql, PostgreSQL, Bitbucket Server
- Experience with issue management and code quality tools (Cloudwatch, Prometheus, Jira, SonarQube)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of JWT authorization, SSO/OAuth
- Competitive compensation
- Continuous education, opportunity to become a subject matter expert in emerging technologies.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Career growth opportunities.
- Collaborative start-up culture where your opinions matter and you can make an impact.
- Happy hours, games, and regular fun team activities.
- Stocked kitchen with snacks, drinks, and lots of catered lunches.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits. Egen invests in all aspects of your well being.