Senior Engineer - Electrochemical Design
Natick, MA /
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to create an abundant and decarbonized material future and our outstanding people are our most important asset. Our goal is to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels. As Senior Engineer - Electrochemical Design your mission will be to help us push the science forward on a daily basis. We are hiring 4 candidates for this role.
Role reports to the Chief Technology Officer. Position will be onsite at our Lab in Natick, MA.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bottoms-up engineering analysis of our next-generation electrolysis cell
- Implementation of improved processes to enable even higher performance
- Design, source, and integrate novel equipment enabling the testing of cells at high currents
- Development of electrochemical tests to ensure ongoing reliability and durability improvements
- Development and implementation of accelerated life tests
PRIOR EXPERIENCE & PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES
- 5-10 years in industrial R&D in electrochemical field
- Startup experience a plus
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented, handling multiple ongoing responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner
- Ability to always seek a better way to do things and question "why not?"
- Excited to join a startup and put in the hustle required to get things done!
- Essential sense of humor
- Scrappy self-starter with an ability to spot problems and actively solve them
- B Eng or BS degree required; Chem Eng, Chemistry, Materials preferred, MS/PhD preferred
Electric Hydrogen offers the best benefits possible. We pay 100% of all employees’ health/dental/vision/disability insurance premiums and 100% of the premium for their immediate family. This is for all of our employees. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. We also offer a generous 401k match and an unlimited time-off policy.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world’s leading experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world’s top venture capital firms, the Company designs and manufactures electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to generate green hydrogen by splitting water. Electric Hydrogen is building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. The Company was founded in 2020 and is based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is an equal opportunity employer.