Technician - Electrochemical Lab
Natick, MA /
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to create an abundant and decarbonized material future and we're of the belief that our people are our most important asset. As a Technician in our Electrochemical Laboratory your mission will be to help us build, test and optimize our ground-breaking electrolysis cells. You will work closely with our outstanding engineering team and help to develop the industry of the future. We are hiring 4 candidates for this role.
Position will be onsite at our Lab in Natick, MA.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Electrochemical testing and fabrication including cell construction and electrode coating
- Perform a variety of laboratory experiments using both routine and special techniques and methods
- Assist in more complex laboratory tasks
- Record results, organize data, and perform basic computations
- Set-up and maintenance of analytical equipment
- Calibration of critical lab equipment and maintenance laboratory supplies
- Comply with all safety and control standards
- Ability to problem-solve technical issues that arise within the lab
PRIOR EXPERIENCE & PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree preferred but not required
- 1-5 years’ experience working in an analytical or wet lab setting (preference for experience with cell or battery characterization)
- Experience with handling hazardous materials
- Able to work independently and under minimal supervision with excellent attention to detail
- Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
- Possess a robust fundamental understanding of laboratory equipment and Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Understands the impact and importance of our research and development work and how your efforts will contribute to this goal
- Ability to work in a standing or seated position for extended periods of time, up to 8 hours
- Significant walking or other means of mobility
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push or pull and frequently lift up to 40 pounds. Occasionally lift or move 60 pounds
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be loud at times
- Ability to wear appropriate PPE as required
Electric Hydrogen offers the best benefits possible. We pay 100% of all employees’ health/dental/vision/disability insurance premiums and 100% of the premium for their immediate family. This is for all of our employees. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. We also offer a generous 401k match and an unlimited time-off policy.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world’s leading experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world’s top venture capital firms, the Company designs and manufactures electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to generate green hydrogen by splitting water. Electric Hydrogen is building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. The Company was founded in 2020 and is based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is an equal opportunity employer.