Lead Electrical Engineer - High Power Systems
San Carlos, CA /
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to create an abundant and decarbonized material future and our outstanding people are our most important asset. Our goal is to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels. In this role, you will use your background in power electronics to develop low cost solutions to large scale power conversion problems. You are a self-motivated team player excited to build a new generation of electrolysis equipment.
This position is based in San Carlos, CA.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a new power conversion solution for industrial scale electrolysis
- Offer strategic and technical leadership for a team of engineers
- Engage deeply with suppliers to ensure lowest cost, highest quality, and rapid delivery
- Develop models to optimize performance and inform design requirements
- Create custom drawings and system specifications, and select off the shelf components
- Evaluate samples, build prototype components, and assemble prototype systems
- Develop and perform component and system level testing and interpret results
- Release products to manufacturing, supporting volume production scale up
PRIOR EXPERIENCE & PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES
- BSEE or similar (MS preferred)
- 5-10+ years hands on electrical engineering/design, focused on high power (1+ MW) systems
- Experience with modeling & simulation tools
- Deep knowledge of relevant industries and experience forging supplier relationships
- Experience taking products from concept through manufacturing
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented
- Eagerness to seek better solutions, asking first principle questions
- Scrappy self-starter with an ability to spot problems and take initiative to solve them
- Startup experience preferred. Excited to put in the hustle required to get things done!
- Experience in renewable energy, climate tech, or chemical industries preferred
- Passion for decarbonization highly preferred
Electric Hydrogen offers the best benefits possible. We pay 100% of all employees’ health/dental/vision/disability insurance premiums and 100% of the premium for their immediate family. This is for all of our employees. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. We also offer a generous 401k match and an unlimited time-off policy.
ABOUT ELECTRIC HYDROGEN
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world’s leading experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world’s top venture capital firms, the Company designs and manufactures electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to generate green hydrogen by splitting water. Electric Hydrogen is building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. The Company was founded in 2020 and is based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is an equal opportunity employer.