Equipment & Facilities Engineer
Natick, MA /
Manufacturing Operations /
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to create an abundant and decarbonized material future and our outstanding people are our most important asset. Our goal is to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
As a key member of the Manufacturing operations team, you will be responsible for helping us set up the Pilot Production line for our highly differentiated process technology. As an Equipment and Facilities Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to use your skills and experience to take on formidable challenges and become an integral part of our team as we build new state-of-the-art engineering facilities Success is derived through partnership with the product and process development team and effective project management of vendor resources to achieve state of the art pilot production line. You will work with the management team to facilitate operating and maintaining our pilot production facility.
You will report to the VP of Manufacturing and Supply chain. You may be based at our location in Natick, MA.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Evaluating, selecting, and ordering equipment that is most appropriate and cost effective for the manufacture of company products
· Overseeing the installation, modification, upgrade, and maintenance of manufacturing equipment
· Developing customized Process/automation/test equipment including system design, development, and commissioning
· Working with equipment supplier partners to optimize equipment system design and performance
· Support manufacturing process scale up activities and production ramp
· Coordinate, track, and prioritize tool maintenance to ensure maximum tool up-time; ensure that all tools are maintained per the established schedule and within specification. Document all work performed on equipment
· Support escalation activities and troubleshoot production equipment
· Use equipment performance data to drive improvement projects. Initiate continuous improvement plans for existing equipment
· Institute statistical process controls on applicable manufacturing equipment
· Train and support process engineers and technicians
· Track record of ability to instill confidence as a credible, reliable, and expert equipment engineering resources for team members
· Exceptional organizational, communication, decision making/problem solving, analytical, relationship and time management skills
· Capable of managing change on multiple projects simultaneously, while working in a fast paced and dynamic environment
· Takes initiative to identify what needs to be done, doing it before asked, and follows up with other to ensure commitments have been fulfilled.
· Team player with strong initiative, able to work autonomously to complete tasks but equally able to enlist the support of cross-functional team members and external suppliers and partners
· BS/MS Degree in Electrical, Electronics, or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
· 4+ years of relevant work experience as equipment or maintenance engineer
· Knowledge and ability to research, evaluate, order install, maintain, and/or upgrade various types of equipment, tools, or tool sets
· Experience in working with equipment supplier and new tool bring up is a plus
· Ability to use AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or similar software program to create schematics or drawings
· Familiar with Tool Tracking System
· Proven understanding of BOMs, manufacturability, process design, and improvement methodologies
· Demonstrated experience in manufacturing expansions and ramp up
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external functional teams verbally, in writing, and via presentations
· Impeccable attention to detail, a process-oriented mindset, and excellent time management skills
· Adhere to company policies and safety requirements
· Self-motivated, proactive, and efficient
Electric Hydrogen offers the best benefits possible. We pay 100% of all employees’ health/dental/vision/disability insurance premiums and 100% of the premium for their immediate family. This is for all our employees. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. We also offer a generous 401k match and an unlimited time-off policy.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world’s leading experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world’s top venture capital firms, the Company designs
and manufactures electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to generate green hydrogen by splitting water. Electric Hydrogen is building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. The Company was founded in 2020 and is based in California and Massachusetts.