Lead Prototyping Technician
Natick, MA /
Prototype Engineering /
Electric Hydrogen is looking to expand our Prototype Engineering team. The company mission is clear: Decarbonize all that is hard to decarbonize. Solar steel mills, wind-powered cement plants, renewable fertilizer plants. All these things are out of reach now. We will change that.
In order to reach that victory condition, we need to learn as quickly as possible how to build these high-performance systems quickly and cheaply. The Prototype team will be responsible for delivering pathfinder equipment, parts and systems at an extraordinary pace.
As our Lead Prototyping Technician, you will be responsible for bringing our machines to life. It won’t just be you alone though, you will be managing a team. Prototyping is a very diverse process, and you will be expected to have a range of skills. Anything from crimping wiring harness to assembling hydraulic fittings to assembling large equipment will be in your purview. You will be working in a high-ownership, high-trust environment: We will trust you to figure out the best way to get it done, and you will own the results.
Role reports to the Director of Prototype Engineering. Position will be onsite at our Lab in Natick, MA.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assembling and operating electrochemical research and production equipment, including fluid system assembly, electrical system assembly, mechanical installation and test operations
- Managing a team of technicians, including tasking, coaching and accountability to results
- Light manufacturing such as milling, drilling and sawing
PRIOR EXPERIENCE & PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES
- Have pushed at least 10 projects, over 5 to 10 years, from assembly to test, such as building a hydraulic system, a medical device assembly tool or a rocket engine component test stand
- Deep knowledge of where to source equipment, fittings, components and tools
- Small team management experience
- Experience in fast paced (10 projects per year minimum) environments
- High pressure fluid system, high current electrical systems and turbomachinery experience appreciated.
- Experience working with academic researchers
- Lots of fun hobby projects like a solar powered bike, RC planes or your own 3d printer
- Leadership experience in volunteer organizations
- Extensive welding or machining experience
- Experience giving direct feedback to engineers and designers
- Passion for decarbonization highly preferred
Electric Hydrogen offers the best benefits possible. We pay 100% of all employees’ health/dental/vision/disability insurance premiums and 100% of the premium for their immediate family. This is for all of our employees. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. We also offer a generous 401k match and an unlimited time-off policy.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world’s leading experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world’s top venture capital firms, the Company designs and manufactures electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to generate green hydrogen by splitting water. Electric Hydrogen is building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. The Company was founded in 2020 and is based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is an equal opportunity employer.