Senior Engineer - Mechanical Design
San Carlos, CA or Natick, MA /
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to create an abundant and decarbonized material future and our outstanding people are our most important asset. Our goal is to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels. In this role you will use your interdisciplinary skills to create compelling mechanical component & system designs. You are a self-motivated team player excited to build a new generation of electrolysis equipment. We are hiring multiple candidates for this role.
This position may be based at either of our locations in Natick, MA or the San Francisco Bay Area, CA.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with cell engineering, system engineering, and product management teams
- Develop next generation mechanical designs for various components and systems
- Develop models to analyze stress, fluid, and thermal performance and inform design
- Perform tolerance stack-up analysis
- Create custom drawings and system specifications, and select off the shelf components
- Work closely with suppliers to manage part quality and delivery timing
- Evaluate samples, build prototype components, and assemble prototype systems
- Develop and perform component and system level testing
- Release products to manufacturing, supporting volume scale up
PRIOR EXPERIENCE & PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES
- BSME or similar (MS preferred)
- 5+ years mechanical engineering/design (multidisciplinary skills preferred)
- 2D/3D CAD (e.g. SolidWorks), combined with stress, thermal, fluids analysis
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented
- Hands-on experience is essential
- Experience taking products from concept through manufacturing
- Eagerness to seek better solutions, asking fundamental questions
- Scrappy self-starter with an ability to spot problems and take initiative to solve them
- Startup experience preferred. Excited to put in the hustle required to get things done!
- Experience in renewable energy, climate tech, or chemical industries preferred
- Passion for decarbonization highly preferred
Electric Hydrogen offers the best benefits possible. We pay 100% of all employees’ health/dental/vision/disability insurance premiums and 100% of the premium for their immediate family. This is for all of our employees. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. We also offer a generous 401k match and an unlimited time-off policy.
ABOUT ELECTRIC HYDROGEN
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world’s leading experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world’s top venture capital firms, the Company designs and manufactures electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to generate green hydrogen by splitting water. Electric Hydrogen is building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. The Company was founded in 2020 and is based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is an equal opportunity employer.