Senior Engineer - Cell Design and Assembly
Natick, MA /
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to create an abundant and decarbonized material future and our outstanding people are our most important asset. Our goal is to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuel alternatives. As Engineer - Cell Design and Assembly your mission will be drive innovative solutions to the design and manufacturing of components for Electric’s groundbreaking electrolysis cell. We are hiring 3 candidates for this role.
Role reports to the Chief Technology Officer. Position will be onsite at our Lab/Office in Natick, MA.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bottoms-up engineering analysis of our next-generation electrolysis cell
- Detailed engineering design and optimization of critical components driving the electrolysis cell performance
- Performance-driven design of processes and materials to enable low-cost renewable hydrogen
- Working with an outstanding group of suppliers to get parts built and tested for H2 production Design and build electrochemical cells
- Design and execute experimental plan to optimize performance
PRIOR EXPERIENCE & PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES
- 5-10 years in industrial R&D in chemical or materials or device-design
- Startup experience a plus
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented, handling multiple ongoing responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner
- Ability to always seek a better way to do things and question "why not?"
- Excited to join a startup and put in the hustle required to get things done!
- Essential sense of humor
- Scrappy self-starter with an ability to spot problems and actively solve them
- B Eng or BS degree required; Chem Eng, Chemistry, Materials preferred; MS/PhD preferred
Electric Hydrogen offers the best benefits possible. We pay 100% of all employees’ health/dental/vision/disability insurance premiums and 100% of the premium for their immediate family. This is for all of our employees. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. We also offer a generous 401k match and an unlimited time-off policy.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world’s leading experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world’s top venture capital firms, the Company designs and manufactures electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to generate green hydrogen by splitting water. Electric Hydrogen is building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. The Company was founded in 2020 and is based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is an equal opportunity employer.