Product Manager, Mobile (Digital Services)
New York, NY
Eight Sleep is the first sleep fitness company. At Eight Sleep we design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission is to power human potential through better sleep, using innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better. Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, it was named by Fast Company in 2018 as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics.
We've just launched our temperature-regulated smart bed, the Pod. It's an absolute game changer, improving people's health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. Early feedback is great, but we still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission.
That's why we are looking for an experienced mobile Product Manager to help lead our Digital Services team. The ideal candidate has experience within a start-up or midsize company with small squad like teams. We are looking for candidates with roots in data but experience with UX and experience in user-centered design. We want someone with technical prowess, a high bar for product quality, and a passion for health tech and wellness.
The Product Manager will be responsible for managing the research, design and development of the mobile application supporting Eight’s hardware product. Eight Sleep is working to deliver the first ever hardware + software Sleep Fitness solution.
How you'll contribute:
- Craft short term and long term mobile services product vision that delights users and inspires dev teams
- Initiate and leverage qualitative and quantitative customer research to deeply understand customers sleep needs and transform that into long term product strategy and product requirements
- Work with complex data sets and advanced scheduling for quantified self, health and fitness
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products around growth, engagement, retention and monetization
- Go to market in stages, starting with a well-reasoned MVP, then following up with iterations to improve and enhance based on customer response
- Write stories and sprint goals that clearly communicate key objectives. Develop, refine, prioritize and track implementation of requirements and new features
- Assess customer opportunities, prioritize initiatives, and make data and judgment driven trade-offs
- Design and run A/B tests to learn about customer behavior, iterate, and optimize
- Closely collaborate with and orchestrate efforts across functions and teams, including engineering, UX, analytics, research, and product marketing
What you'll need to succeed:
- 2-4 years of experience in mobile Product Management, previous experience with mobile for hardware products a plus. iOT experience another plus
- A strong background in data analysis - comfortable with retention and cohort analysis and using tools like Mixpanel and Segment/mParticle
- Experience contextualizing very large data-sets to customers in a way that is relevant and actionable
- Experience managing Product design teams, with knowledge of Sketch and/or Adobe suite
- Relentlessly resourceful, with the ability to make big things happen with very few resources
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment
- Expert at building consensus across cross-functional groups
- A passion for sleep, technology, and connected devices
- A desire to be seen as a leader in Health Technology
- Experience in wellness/health content curation a plus
Why you'll love EightSleep:
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to improve people’s lives
- Leadership is committed to employees’ wellness and career development
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive the Pod
- Flexible, generous PTO
- 100% employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance
- Discounted gym memberships, commuter benefits
- Weekly team happy hours and lunches
- Office snacks
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.