New York, NY
Eight Sleep is the first sleep fitness company. At Eight Sleep we design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission is to power human potential through better sleep, using innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better. Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, it was named by Fast Company in 2018 as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics.
We've just launched our temperature-regulated smart bed, the Pod. It's an absolute game changer, improving people's health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. Early feedback is great, but we still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission.
That's why we are looking for an incessantly curious UX Researcher who can help us uncover and solve user problems they didn’t know they had in new and interesting ways. This role sits within the Digital Services team which is working to create value for our members, improve their sleep and prove it to them. You are a great fit for the UX Researcher role if you are passionate about marrying qualitative research with quantitative insights and data. It is your mission to architect beautiful products that deliver value and make people’s lives better, this is the job for you.
How you’ll contribute:
- Collaborate closely with product manager and designer to construct an optimal user experience following UCD best practices and industry standards
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously and collaboratively to form and test hypotheses and conceptualize and deliver the desired experience
- Provide compelling evidence, recommendations and feedback throughout the product life cycle
- Perform user research (including in-person interviews, panels and focus groups), benchmarking, competitive analysis, and usability studies
- Partner with product-, data-, business-, and engineering-focused stakeholders to prioritize and conduct research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Develop storyboards, wireframes, high fidelity mock-ups and prototypes to effectively communicate information architecture, interaction and design ideas for native mobile applications
- Review available data analytics, customer feedback and market research to derive user insights in order to build effective experiences for users
What you need to succeed:
- 3+ years of qualitative research, ideally in a start-up environment
- Proven ability to scope a research process, gather insights from secondary research, lead fieldwork, and conduct in-context interviews and observation
- Experience using quantitative methods in a professional setting to drive insight and understanding in design decision making
- Experience in a variety of user-facing research methods such as interviews, observation, diary studies, prototyping, surveys, user testing, and experiments at different stages of the design process: to inspire early design work, inform the initial opportunity, collect formative feedback to support iteration, and validate a go-to-market solution
- Exceptional storytelling skills. Using story mapping and design-thinking sessions to assemble and communicate research findings
Bonus points for:
- Entrepreneurial spirit: You are excited to be our first UX researcher!
- Proficiency in various research software tools
- Passion for fitness, wellness, and overall health
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.