Logistics and Supply Chain Manager
New York, NY
Eight Sleep is the first sleep fitness company. At Eight Sleep we design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission is to power human potential through better sleep, using innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better. Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, it was named by Fast Company in 2018 as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics.
We've just launched our temperature-regulated smart bed, the Pod. It's an absolute game changer, improving people's health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. Early feedback is great, but we still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission.
That's why are looking for a customer-obsessed Logistics and Supply Chain Manager to support our ecommerce business. This role sits within the Operations team and is the critical link between our manufacturing (which takes place in China) and happy, well-rested Eight Sleep members across the U.S. The ideal fit is hyper-organized and process-oriented with a calm-under-pressure, adaptable demeanor. Read on if, on any given day, you would be excited to do things like negotiate a contract with a carrier, design and model a new cost-savings initiative, build a badass spreadsheet to track inventory, and suggest updates to our return process to increase efficiency.
How you’ll contribute:
- Own our eCommerce back-end including order management and integrations with 3PL partners
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Manage vendor relationships including selection, negotiation, and implementation of new supply partners
- Sync demand forecast with eCommerce sales, new sales channel development, and New Product Introduction (NPI) planning
- Own inventory planning in cooperation with manufacturing team
- Optimize international freight inbounds, schedule and implement shipping schedule
- Contribute data for working papers as part of monthly financial close
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 5-7 years prior experience in orders management, supply chain, and logistics operations through common ecommerce platforms (Shopify, Magento, Woo Commerce)
- Fast learner, with a strong interest in pursuing a career in direct-to-consumer hardware operations
- Proficient in Excel, familiar with database management
- Detail oriented
- Track record of executing high-output work with limited guidance
- Willing to stretch outside of your own comfort zone and responsibilities to do whatever is necessary to help the team succeed. Team first mentality.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively and be willing to accept and provide direction
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic work environment and manage competing priorities
- Positive attitude and the ability to change direction with little notice
Bonus points for:
- Proficiency in SQL
- Familiarity with analytical methods, e.g., developing inventory/capacity models, allocation models, and financial models
- Supply Chain Management certifications (APICS - CPIM)
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.